This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Saturday, May 06, 2006
Better and Better Looking...
The only possible reason this could be happening is because I must just keep getting better and better looking by the day...ha ha...only kidding. What's happening you ask? Well, I keep getting phone calls from ex boyfriends in the middle of the night, say around 2:18am when the bars are letting out. Hmm, whatever could they be calling for? I don't even have their phone numbers in my phone anymore! The only way that I know that it's them is from their long slurry messages. Notice I keep saying they and them? Well it's almost as if Mike (ex of several years ago) and Matty (although he and I were never actually together, I don't know how to write that one out) are working in tandem...but I'm not interested in what they're trying to sell me at all. I just ignore the calls, delete the numbers and go back to sleep--wishing it was John sending me a cute text or something late night, thinking about me or something girlie and wistful like that--because that's what I do.

And then there's the flowers...someone sent me lilies to my work yesterday afternoon, I actually got them this morning when I came in randomly on a Saturday. The card reads, "I really miss you." There's no signature and I'm not even intrigued at all--I know that they're not from John so I really could just care less. I just took the card out and threw it away, added water and put them in the break room for someone else to enjoy.

So I guess this is just a case of, "The grass is always greener..." for these boys and it's a case of the grass is just green enough right here, thank you very much-- for me. Flattering sure, but nothing more than that. I'm quite content.
posted by Melina at 7:30 AM