This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Friday, July 29, 2005
Since When?
Since when did it become so hard to get men to take their pants off and be treated like pieces of meat? Chelle and I were discussing that today while she was at work and I was emailing her to keep myself occupied. Matty hasn't called me back...didn't he want to get all "freaky deaky" with me (god I blush everytime I think about that statement, it's just so godawful)? Did he fall off the face of the Earth? Did he get back together with my replacement? Gosh...what's a woman gotta do to get laid around here?

Then there's Billy "I want your phone number so that I won't call you". Come on Bill...we've done it before, we can do it again. Why must I coax you into this? I didn't run into him last night but I'm hoping to run into him one of these days soon. Cr brought up a very good point that Billy had been very drunk when he asked for my number, AND that I had written it on a scrap of napkin...it's very possible that he lost it. So, we concluded that if I run into him again I'm not going to mention the fact that he didn't call and I will allow him another chance and getting my digits and into my pants. After that, I won't bother with him anymore.

We're not even going to bring up Derek. Whatever I would've had to do to get him into bed, I obviously never came near to touching on it.

Chelle's co-worker took a hiatus from Chelle and their after work romps...now emails her and asks her to come over TONIGHT. Where have you been for the past two weeks sir? Why the one line daily emails, just to keep her interested in you...but you didn't give more than that?? Hmm, Mr I-Fear-Intimacy-With-A-Vengence? When she replied that she had plans and that she couldn't come over tonight, she suggested tomorrow. He replied, "Perhaps." PERHAPS?!? WTF, he should be kissing the sweet ground thanking for Chelle for even considering giving him the time of day! Men are exasperating sometimes. (Not all men, just the one's that we're dealing with. The boys of the Cornfield are beginning to take us ladies (I use the term loosely) for granted I think.)

Now, not everyone is unwilling...
There's Todd who's willing to strip down at a second's notice but as he's a bottom feeding cheater, I feel it's my duty to keep my panties on. There's S, who attempts to booty call me at the same time as Todd (weird huh...don't date friends). There's a couple random gents here and there, but never the ones I want. There's M, who text messaged me about thirty times about "wanting to taste me" and other interesting requests...however, he too, has a girlfriend. What's the point of having girlfriends if all these boys are going to call me. It's not even satisfying or ego stroking when they call. I just feel icky.

Yeah, this was definitely a "Cry Me A River" post.
posted by Melina at 4:13 PM