This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Tuesday, July 26, 2005
As the Corn Turns...These Are the Cobs of our lives
So last night I got a call from one of my new friends Paul. He wanted to go out to the bar and talk to me BEFORE I get drunk. I obliged him. I kind of just wanted to get out of the house after the whole murder thing (I never heard anything more about it, just rumors but nothing on tv...I guess the Cornfield doesn't count). We went to thitwbar, Derek was working but I just said my usual hey but I've decided to start weening myself off him now...there's only a month left. I did very well at this because I didn't fuel myself with alcohol. We (Paul, his platonic girl friend who he's in love with and myself)played a couple rounds of darts and then we headed on down to the FQB.

The last time I had been down at the FQB, I had just gotten my tattoo and I ended up taking the Neosporin boy home with me. As this boy works at the FQB, I figured we'd run into him. Now if you are a little hazy about that story...let me just refresh you with my "morning after/crash and burn antics" from a month ago. (Cue the chimes that will take us back into the past) We woke up, we kind of babbled a little and Chelle said, "If you want a ride we're leaving now!" I kind of sat up on an elbow and said..."I won't be able to give you a ride so you might want to go with her." (not sure why I said that, because I had wanted him to stay) It gets worse. Then I threw on a t-shirt (and nothing else) and went outside with my dog. He left with Chelle and we never said goodbye. I didn't mean to be a heartless bitch...I was still a little knackered.

Ok so let's fast forward to last night. Yes, I did run into Billy. At first, we just did the head nod and the old "Hey" thing. There were a couple more girls at the bar that were friends with Paul and he leaned over and exclaimed his contempt for Billy. He called him a dirtbag, scum and many, many other names. Apparently, he had screwed one of the girls over that were hanging with Paul. I heard none of this...I do recall Paul saying something about "not feeling bad if Billy ignored me..."and I just gave him a very dubious look.

I had no crutches (emotional ones) with me...I wasn't really drinking (so no liquid courage) and I was wearing my kickball t-shirt (from Kickball Superstar ), which is an awesome shirt...but not really anything that was boosting my confidence; especially when paired with Adidas sandals. Hey, it was a Monday. I didn't think I had to get all gussied up for seduction purposes. But I sucked it up. I don't really need alcohol or sexy clothes to be confident...I'm a fairly confident person all on my own. So I marched over to to Billy and his friends and asked if I could join them in a game of darts.

By the end of the night I had apologized for my bad behavior a month ago, had a few laughs, I got him to buy me a drink or two and then...he asked for my number before he left. I gave it to him and now we just need to wait and see if he calls. Either way, I just feel better explaining myself! I was feeling pretty badly about it for a while now.

And then I did feel a little bad for a few minutes because it was obvious that the blonde girl with Paul saw Billy ask for my number. But as I see it, he'll probably just dick me over too, so I'm really doing her a public service. I doubt that how she saw it...and in fact, she played the role of "best friend" after that...she never let me out of her sight--especially since the boys were all going down to the Foreign Legion. She even offered to drive me home, I'm assuming because she wanted to make sure that I went HOME. I declined her ride but I did go home. I had done all the work that I felt needed to be done for one night.
posted by Melina at 9:17 AM