This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Sunday, July 24, 2005
I fell on the floor at the bar by Melina Cross
So, I think I'm seriously impaired. Chelle and I went to the bar at 7:45pm ....7:45 I repeat. This was because I got the special night screwed up and I thought it was 50 cent mugs from 8-10. Alas, it was dollar draft night...oh boy! And so drunkeness ensued. Chelle was in the process of becoming an aunt...I'm not sure if her sister in law has popped the baby yet. But it was a reason to do many toasts--you know with the time old staple toast, "I saw Derek naked" (granted it was during strip poker but that's a technicality).

Well Derek wasn't working last night so that was a bonus...until...he walked in the door! Oh good god. I don't think I've been that drunk in a long time (since Monday maybe). But the point is, I didn't want him to see me so trashed. Somehow though, we ended up going to the back of the bar and sitting with him and his roommate...and playing darts. Who gives me darts when I'm drunk? I dunno...but I think I came in second place once. The best part though (and by best, I mean most mortifying) is when I totally bit it, and fell on the floor. I'm sure my boobs fell out of my shirt because I was totally wearing a super low cut cleavage shirt but I wouldn't know for sure...

My favorite part was the fact that my mom called me seven times today...starting at ten (at which time I was still asleep...very unlike me). She left various messages, some kind, some scared, some downright mean. When I finally called her back she questioned, "Have you gotten in trouble with the law again?" It made me laugh..."No Mom, I was sleeping." "What!?! You never sleep until 10...you must've gotten really drunk last night." And of course, I had to agree sheepishly, that yes, indeed I was a drunken moron the night before.

And that folks is the tale as far as I can remember.
posted by Melina at 3:11 PM