This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Thursday, July 14, 2005
Drunkie McDrunkerson is my middle name
Yesterday I took Chelle up to get her tattoo (sorry Jason and sorry to all the other males who I'm now talking their mates into getting more). It looks absolutely gorgeous...worth every minute of the two and half hours that it took!! Poor kid. When we were done with her tat we came home and she said that she could use a beer since she couldn't sit down and she was in major pain. This was not just "a simple tattoo" it was painful--on her side/stomach and moving towards her back.

We decided to go to thitwbar because remember my own tat therapy was to get drunk and to get laid...well Chelle said she settle for the drunk part. Most of the evening was uneventful but when Der got off work it was fun. We played darts! Chelle and some random hot boy named Jason were a team and Der and I were a team. We kicked ass. Actually, we pulled a win out of our asses at the very end of the game. And by "we" I mean Derek.

Then we convinced Random Jason and Derek to come home with us and play Catchphrase! Yes, I know...I have the mental genius of a five year old. I got to ride in Derek's "new" '84 Stang...now that the tram bus from the airport smashed his truck ( a sign he should stay in PA, even though he says it's a sign that he should go to CO). So they came back and we got more drunk...Derek was drinking the dregs of the Jamison bottle which confused me and befuddled me. He's not one I see drinking shots of Jamison, sorry pookie. I was fine when we left the bar...it was here in the privacy of my own basement bar that I got lit.

We played Catchphrase sporadically. It was kind of hard since Chelle, Random Jason and I were wasted and Derek was mostly drunk. But when we did play it was magical...Derek and I rocked the house we were so good. Derek made fun of our mixed CD that Chelle and I made--but then sang along. He made me giggle that he LOVES the Kelly Clarkson song, "Since You've Been Gone"...he also said that he LOVED my Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs and my Tegan and Sara songs...he made fun of my Social D songs but he made up for it by singing all the words with me. He also sang the Blower's Daugher a capella with me. Why doesn't he want to have 10,000 babies with me? I'm still trying to figure that out myself...

I gave him his sweatshirt. He liked it a lot. I didn't get him to make out with me like I envisioned. I had it all planned out...oh wait it just went like this (dream sequence begins) *blowers daugher plays* I hand him the hoodie and uncontrollably he can't keep his hands off me *trashy music like "take it off" by the Donnas begins to play...we get naked...etc. I need him to start realizing that he's a kept man...and well the sweatshirt was $90 with all the bells and whistles that I added to it. So, like a good prom date...I'm expecting that he puts out in the next couple o' weeks.

So 4:30 am rolled around and Random Jason, Derek and Chelle all needed to go to bed since they had to go to work today. I tried cajoling them to stay up but they had valid points such as, "I already got sent home from work because of you...well that and because I was still drunk" (Derek). So then I did something very assinine. Derek said he had to go home and so I popped up (albeit mostly wobbly popped up) and said, "I'm going to go with you!" And so I followed him out to his 'Stang (sorry I can't help it...it's so lame that I feel like I'm in love with Vic Damone) and at the 'Stang I said, "I won't try to sex you up, I just want to sleep next to you." (who says sex you up other than that really bad band from the early '90's?) And Derek said, "M, any time other than tonight I would say yes but I can't sleep with someone next to me and I'm not so sure that we wouldn't...I just need to get some sleep I have to be at work so early." I got a dejected look on my face, but still argued my case because when drunk I have no shame (especially when I have a goal in mind). Derek reiterated, "Another time, we could totally cuddle (I doubt he said totally, I'm the only Pennsylvanian that uses it in her everyday vernacular,but he did say cuddle), but tonight I need to get some sleep. Besides, you snore." I giggled, through the impending beer tears and walked back to the house.

At least Chelle made out with Random Jason. She says that she remained "good" though because of her new tat Lady Luck I'm thinking it was more due to the fact that it was painful to move her torso ;) I went to bed and sent Derek dumb text messages until I fell asleep...because I'm cool like that.
posted by Melina at 12:33 PM