This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Wednesday, July 13, 2005
A Post Containing A Multitude of Subjects
Well Big Heavy wanted to know how Derek enjoyed Denver. As much as I wanted to be selfish and wanted to hope he had a bad time...deep down I wanted him to have a good experience and find a niche in his new city. And he did.

On Monday I was so excited to see him and the inside of thitwbar that Ry and I ran over there (I don't have to work remember...so every day is a weekend for me!!) and I proceded to make a total ass of myself. I think it was due in part to the fact that it was $1 mug night and part in the fact that I think I am just a total ass. When Der came to sit next to me during a lull in the kitchen orders I said to him, "Derek you look so tan, very swarthy, very hott." Do I have a filter? Nope, obviously not. He takes all this with a grain of salt and tells me about all the cool stuff he saw, things he did (hang out at the zoo for four hours!), consoled a woman who thought the prairie dogs were going to bite her, visited his school, saw internship possibilites (one being at the animal er that is featured on Animal Planet!!), got an apartment lined up and so on and so forth.

The night continued into drunkeness (I do lead a productive life during the day I swear...but a life of debauchery at night out of sheer boredom) and I continued to show Derek why it would be best that he move to Denver ASAP. I remember at one point throwing change at him! Oh boy. Well I've done my best to remember and now forget that evening...and so shall we all. (that's an edict people).

My tattoo is still pretty sore, but it scabbed up nicely and it's starting to peel (the way it should)a little but all in all, it looks fabulous. This evening I'm taking Chelle up to get hers. When we went on Saturday to get mine, there just wasn't enough time for her to get hers. In fact, Rob (her tattooist) said that he "really takes his time" so her tattoo may take twice as long as mine did (bless you Juan, bless you!).

After the tat, we will probably stop in at thitwbar for a couple of beers since it's Wing Night, but I'm going to behave myself and Chelle will probably be a little uncomfortable.
posted by Melina at 3:18 PM