This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Sunday, July 17, 2005
Like Moths to a Flame
So this weekend was fairly awash...I'm not saying at times it wasn't fun but it really wasn't a WEEKEND weekend, if you know what I'm saying. However, let me go through the details in point form.
Friday
1. I was a designated driver on Friday night so no alcohol for me. No it wasn't noble of me. I'm super poor right now. I think the $225 tattoo might've had something to do with that!

2. My friends were wasted with a capital W...in fact, we almost got kicked out of the one bar that we went to.

3. Went to our old "hang out bar" before I fell in love with Der...I mean thitwbar! We realized that we're getting older because the music sucked and the people there looked like they may have been 16 at the oldest.

4. We moved on to thitwbar...although we left Ry behind because he wanted to "look for pussy because I'm the only single guy in the group!" So we left the cat seeker behind and moved on. [ed. note Ry is not usually such a lech...he's in desperate need for a gf because he's got a crazy sex drive. And I know what you're thinking. No, Ry and I do not want to date each other or have sex with each other...call it preferences].

5. Went to thitwbar and I was mocked by the bartenders. They pulled out a lovely Molson Golden and placed it in front of me before I could say that "I'm driving." When I told them that I couldn't drink it, they began to giggle. I mean truly laugh out loud, slap hands on their knees and such until...they realized I wasn't kidding. Then they got worried that the world was going to end,"taking note of the date and time for posterities sake and whatnot". I rolled my eyes at their shenanigans and ordered a Diet Coke.

6. Talked to Derek for a few moments at most. He shaved himself a mohawk, it's cute...it's not a full mohawk (meaning it's not shaved fully to the skin on the sides, which is good in my book because that reminds me of Deniro in Taxi Driver. Did I ever tell you that my dad looked like Robert Deniro, especially when Deniro played Travis Bickle...scary huh?). What can I say? Derek could probably wear a bag on his head and still be attractive in my eyes. My favorite line of the conversation was this, "Guess who woke up on the bathroom floor and was late for work again Thursday?" I looked around and said..."Well, I don't work in the summer and I didn't wake up on the floor, Michelle was down on the couch with some boy...so I guess it was you!" He nodded and then told me he blamed me. I blamed the Jamieson.

7. Talked/Laughed hysterically with Tash at the bar...she's a riot and we don't see nearly enough of each other.

8. I was home by 12:30 am. In fact when I said my goodbyes to Derek and Jack, Derek looked at the clock and then looked at me again with an amused smile on his face. I'm sure he was relieved that I wasn't hitting on him or inviting him back to my house for more board game action (the only action he gives me).

9. Got a booty call from Todd! (that's where the moths to a flame thing comes in!) I listened to his message at 1:30am and I didn't call him back. Nor did I take his suggestion and "call him back late Saturday night" either...um hi, guess the girlfriend is out of town this weekend? Remind me that he's unctuous ok? Whenever I say I might sleep with him, remind me that he should crawl around on his belly. (although if I get desperate...I can't be blamed).

10. Got a booty call from Matty. I didn't call him back either. And let me tell you...it's not me getting all mature or anything...I was feeling fat. I think I may have to cut the Molsons out of my plan and skip to light beer for a little. I'm not necessarily getting fat, but I'm definitely filling out in my boobs (fine...) and my seat (getting to the point where it won't be fine soon!!!) This is the other reason why I didn't drink this weekend.
Saturday
11. Saturday I did very little. I went to the gym, I hung out with my mom, showed my mom my tattoo, mom and I discused how I need to find a guy who's "in to me" and not just someone that I like...then she said, "I just wished he loved you the way you like him and I just nodded morosely agreeing. But she told me I can pine for him for the rest of the time that he's here and for a month afterwards...(she knows I need a timeline, otherwise I'd pine forever). Later that evening I got all made up and then found out that I wasn't going out (which was fine). I read my book, nerded it up online, and did some actual Work work and again I was in bed early although I couldn't sleep until 4am.

Sunday
12.I went to breakfast with Chelle and then we decided to hit the movies.

13. We saw Batman Begins. And I loved it. I loved getting to "learn" (as a comic geek, I already knew) all about Bruce Wayne. I loved the fact that it wasn't totally hammy. I loved the fact that Christian Bale was in the movie...he was a dashing and handsome Bruce Wayne and an impressive Batman. I enjoyed how they handled the fight scenes, I only wish they hadn't done that technique with ALL of them. I liked the bad guys...and the bad guy twist. I loved the actor who played Dr. Crane/the Scarecrow. I'm not totally sure why...because he's prettier than I am and possibly more graceful and ladylike than me (not usually my style) but he was hot. Kinda reminded me of James Spader in an odd sort of way. My favorite part though, and we've all gone through this with me before...I appreciated the connections/the pain that kept coming up for Bruce for missing his parents, specifically his father. You don't need to be Freud to understand the connections I was making there. In fact, I got teary eyed at one point.

Well that's enough rambling about my weekend...how was yours?
posted by Melina at 10:37 PM