This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Thursday, July 14, 2005
Two drunken texters...the possibilities are endless
4:22am to Derek: I'm sorry Derek, I didn't want to make you feel weird. I was just drunk.

4:24am to Melina: It's ok. I just get weird when I get drunk...that's why I had to leave.

4:25 am to Derek: Now Chelle is complaining about my dog's hair (which she wasn't...the pup had an "accident" in the guest room and that's what she was talking about).

Notice a) there's a whole of "weird" being thrown around. I think if we change the word weird in these statements to "hunted down like a piece of meat" it makes a lot more sense.

Notice b) he was definitely scared that I was going to get him in the sack.

Notice c) that the third text had absolutely nothing to do with anything...

Wondering: Is he seriously just a really nice guy who doesn't want a fling with his friend? Is he merely not interested (I don't believe this one for a second... we have chemistry...don't we Chelle?)? Is he afraid that I'll tie him to Pennsylvania and make him stay (which I won't, I would visit him in Co and then eventually move there if things were good for us...ha ha don't you love how I make these plans...when I barely made any headway with him up until the past few months). Is he just plain crazy? Is it a combo of the above? Is he scared because I'm sooo crazy (a definite possibility...but I know he loves me (as a friend at least))

He paid me the nicest compliment when talking to Chelle last night. After he received his hoodie I went upstairs to grab beers and he said, "I've known M for under a year and already she's given me the two greatest gifts I've ever gotten." Chelle, knowing me (for her entire life) nodded and replied, "She's good like that. She's a great gift giver."

He also accepts the fact that I'm a total moron. Monday night when I was ridiculous in the bar throwing things at him and whatnot? He didn't even bring it up last night. Nor did he bring up the drunken texts from that night either. In fact, he sent me an email telling me that my text messages were always amusing and that they made him smile.

Finally folks, I can say that the flirtation is there...at least I think. Actually this whole silly thing has been an experience in getting to know someone, really well. So well in fact that we kicked Chelle and Random Jason's ass at Catchphrase! We were able to easily make associations using inside jokes and whatnot. It felt nice. It felt like he knew me really well too. Chelle complained/pouted saying, "I don't ever want to play this game with you two again!" Derek's response? "That's because you're just not any good at it!" Ah such tact. And this is the end of my rose-colored-glasses-Derek is wonderful post. Thanks for suffering this fool with such gentle patience.
posted by Melina at 9:28 PM