This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Saturday, July 23, 2005
A Concert We Will Go
Yesterday Ml and I ventured off to the big city to The Big Summer Classic--basically a concert of jam bands, bluegrass, fusion/funk and reggae. We missed a couple of the bands, New Monsoon, Umphreys Magee (which I heard where great), but we made it for the end of Yonder Mountain String Band (a fav of Ml's), and we heard Michael Franti and Spearhead (which was by far, both of our unexpected favorite performance as we hadn't heard of him before). Keller Williams performed but was a little too improvisational/experimental with some crazy electronic thing for the two of us, and The String Cheese Incident jammed their merry little hearts out.

All in all, it was a great show. There were lots of old hippies, neo hippies, people who were hippies for the day, and there was me. It was super hot. It felt like 100f with 100% humidity. I'm not totally sure what the actual reading was, but I spent the majority of the day slick with sweat...or if not dripping, I was slow drying and sticky like a slug. In fact, we met one handsome hippie man who Ml in her three margarita state, charmingly said, "Hey, it's you." (even though we hadn't met him before). They laughed introduced themselves and then Ml danced on over to her friends. The attractive hippie man named Steve then said to me, "Hey, it's you," and laughed and then said "I'm so sweaty sorry." I said, "Me too." So then he hugged me, and that's when I realized why slugs are asexual...slimy things shouldn't touch, it feels really nasty.

But all in all, the show was fairly uneventful...fun yes...but when I saw the "jellyfish" ( a girl dressed in a sparkly silver outfit complete with a tutu and a clear plastic umbrella covered with purple and white silk and resplendent with silk streamers as tentacles and green flashing glow sticks) dancing around the stage and then mingling out in the crowd, I knew that these folks were catering to the folks on hallucinegens...and frankly, it probably would've been a better show. I think I was the only totally sober person in the crowd! (besides Ml at the end).

I think tonight's a bar night for Chelle and I (I hope), that was the master plan!
posted by Melina at 9:01 AM