This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Thursday, July 28, 2005
A Picture's worth a thousand words
My friend Ml got her pictures back from an outing we took at the beginning of summer...which resulted in getting Derek "out of my dreams, and into my uh...limo". Remember that night? The night of strip poker? The night I finally got him to kiss me.

Well I wish I could scan in the pics because they are absolutely hilarious and simultaneously embarassing (but they show my face). The funniest ones are from the limo. The limo ride from thitwbar to my house couldn't have been more than a minute long and yet, within that minute I attempted to drape my body on Derek. Ml captured my sloppy, drunken attempt at seduction with such crystal clarity.

The photos are so funny. In one, I have my head thrown back (dangerously close to Derek's ear) and I'm cackling away with my arm wrapped across his chest and my leg casually draped over his. In another I have my head pressed against his chest attempting to give him a full body hug. You can tell that both of us are inebriated beyond belief and he's got a funny little smile on his face. A cross between, "Is this really happening to me?" and "I guess I don't mind that this is really happening to me..."

He's such a good sport. Oh latest drunken text message to him, "It's your fault that I feel like a serial killer laying next to my dog and her teddy bear. No need to respond to this." It makes sense if you remember that he and my dog decapitated the teddy bear and that my dog still carries the headless teddy everywhere. But if you don't remember, as I'm sure that he doesn't...since it's kind of inconsequential...it sounds crazy. But that's me, crazy.

Tonight it's thitwbar with Ry and our friend Vince...let's hope I survive it. I tend to drink my body weight when I'm out with Ryan!
posted by Melina at 3:48 PM