This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Thursday, May 18, 2006
If John and I were laid end to end at the prom I wouldn't be surprised...
A funny thing happened the other night when John and I were sipping whiskey and watching Scotland, PA. I suspect that John wanted me to shut up about the parallels to Macbeth--I mean yeah, they may be apparent but I was just bursting at the seams to tell/point out/nag him about all the subtleties, so he kept filling my glass until I drifted off to sleepytime and he could watch the movie in peace...not once but twice.

Once he had watched the movie to his heart's content in peace, he woke me up to go upstairs to bed. Now, this is all a second hand account, but according to him I was speaking nonsense (me? never! Never, I say...well...err, ok). In fact I kept trying to tell him to sign in while I was getting naked for a little before bed action...sign in for what you ask? The prom,...the prom. Yeah it doesn't make much sense to me either. But then again I rarely do...

So then John remembered the old "I seduced Bruce Springsteen story" in which I was with an old boyfriend, and I was mumbling nonsense about sneaking past body guards and in my drunken state thought that I was bedding down Bruce Springsteen. So John decided to test it out and see who I was trying to sign into the prom. He asked me..."Who do you think I am?" and he waited...

And the lucky man of my fantasy this time was...

John.

That's right, I was fantasizing about my boy *smile and shrug* what can I say?
posted by Melina at 5:29 PM