This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Friday, May 12, 2006
John Survived The Trials of the Flesh...
...and he didn't even get a lousy t-shirt, but I'm fairly sure he'll appreciate what he does get from me a little more than a t-shirt ;) Last night he sent me a text saying, "It was a pretty bloody day today" and when I asked him to explain, he said that he would tell me about it today. Of course, being a woman, I was super curious about it...but I just let it go, knowing I'd hear about it soon enough.

And here's what happened...After thinking about things and just going along with the plan for lunch with Rachel he decided that perhaps he should take a stand and not allow the "quarterly pop up" as John puts it. So he sent her a message that something to the effect of, "We both know that there's nothing between us anymore, so let's let the past be the past." In response to his eloquent statement he received a "k" back. Score one for John...score one for me too for that matter!

Then he gets a message from Jenny the Waitress, whom he's still friends with but completely not interested in, and rarely even sees. She asks if he wants to go out drinking and he says that he'll meet her. They go out, they get drunk, she asks, "How's the Pee Girl?" referring to me since the one and only time that we met I had pissed my pants in public due to the consumption of eight bottles of wine split between myself, John and Roommate 1. John defends me and says, " Please knock it off with that Pee Girl crap. I love her and I want to be with her so if you want to hang out with me, I'd like to be your friend but that's all I have to give." Apparently she wasn't expecting that and was hoping to lure him back with booze because she wavered back and forth between tears...and although, I'm not a fan of her, I do feel bad for her (only a tiny little miniscule amount). They go back to his house to drink some more...you think you know where I'm going with this story? He still maintains true to his trials...and luckily for me, before the bottle of tequila was finished she got a booty call from her ex and she rolled out into the night and away from my boy. Good riddance. Anyways, I'm proud of you John...I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous, less nervous after talking to you on Sunday but still a little nervous. You totally rock.

On another topic altogether...I'm a little nervous about the whole dress situation tonight. I didn't buy a new dress but I think I should've...I'm not really happy with any of my dresses...the one I liked the most, I tried on and I don't think I can zip it up all the way at the very top. I thought to myself, "WTF? How'd my back get wider? When in fact, it didn't get wider...my boobs got bigger from when I bought the dress back in my sophmore year of college." Sucks, it's a great dress...I'm half tempted to slap a little half cardigan on it and cover my back. Another dress option is this one that was a designer dress that was marked down like crazy. I wore it to my cousin's wedding a couple of years ago...although, I'm not sure I'm in love with the oval cut out over the breasts as I was back when I purchased the dress. It's cute, but it's a little high fashion/trashy combo. Oh what to do, what to do...
posted by Melina at 1:53 PM