This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Sunday, February 05, 2006
An email to my beau (if I would send it)
While you were away for the night, I was thinking about all the things I like about you and I wanted to share them with you. Like you said, it seems we always have some sort of audience (we're always with our friends), this seemed like the format...plus I probably wouldn't say all this stuff in person because I'd get shy or something and I would stop.

I like the way you look at me...I feel beautiful. I don't always feel that way. I like the way I look in your eyes.

You have the most gorgeous smile (go to the dentist!!!), it's truly infectious.
You smile, I smile...

I like the way you make me laugh and we can just lay around and crack each other up--and um, then we laugh at my laugh for about 10 hours. Yes, it's true my laugh does sounds like the Count from Seasame Street.

I love everything that we do to each other in bed...I get hot thinking about you here on my couch. I hope the passion, the intensity, the give and take never fades.

I loved the Saturday that we spent in bed together...that was the first time in a really long time that I've done that, and every time I think of it, I smile.

I love how you kiss my neck, it gives me goosebumps all over...

I like how we talk about things...like when I say I don't want to smother you the one night in the very beginning...and you said the other night that you were worried that I was going to be pissed at you for not going to dinner (what were you supposed to do? Change the reservation?? Nooo), Or the whole mom/ex girlfriend thing... I hope we always talk like that, because at some point we're going to piss each other off ;) and if we talk instead of sulk I think we're going to be the best couple out there since Bonnie and Clyde (minus the impotence/killing sprees/horrible deaths).

I love the fact that we've said we love each other already. I've told you this before, but I've only said it to one other person and I only say it when I mean it..it should be weird but I'm absolutely not weirded out, and I absolutely do love you. Maybe since we've been open about things from the beginning...maybe because we really do seem to be able to act and react to each other like it's second nature or something. Whatever it is, it's real. For me.

I like who you are as a person...you're like the perfect combo of intellectual, smart alleck, musician, regular every day guy. You amaze me how much like a chameleon you can be and how you can be skilled in all these areas.

I'm looking forward to all the time that we're going to spend together in the future...here's hoping this stuff, both the fantastic and the mundane last a long time!

So I picked him up from the airport (he left me for one full day to Boston) and he swung me around in the lobby, kissing me on the forehead as if he hadn't seen me for days...maybe even weeks. "I missed you!" he said with a smile and shaking his head, "I really, really missed you. Don't ask me to explain it." I smiled my little half smile and said, "I missed you too."
"Nah, you didn't miss me" he said.
"Oh but I did. I even wrote you an email about all the things that I like about you...but then I didn't send it to you because it was super sappy."
He fiddled with my bottom lip with his finger as I drove. "What did it say?"
"It said, 'I miss you. A lot." (Well you and I know it says more than that...)
"Wow, that is super sappy. Wait until we get home and I'm going to tell you what I missed about you..." with a teasing tone in his voice as he gave the back of my neck a quick squeeze.
And it wasn't what you're thinking...
As he stripped off my pink suede adidas sneakers in the kitchen (apparently his favorite place in the world to get me naked) he told me all the things he missed about me...sex and my body were on the list but they were hardly the highlights.
And we really did miss each other...so much so that I stayed in the city and woke up at the crack of dawn to come home for work.
posted by Melina at 9:36 AM