This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Gifts...Oh the humanity! Oh the pressure...
Truly, I understand if you hate me...I've been babbling about John to no end...oh wait, nevermind. My two or three readers used to be quite versed in all things Derek, so I'm sure you guys will be used to the single minded format! But honestly, nothing else is too exciting on any other front. Work's work, Chelle and T are good...everything is running fairly smoothly. Except for one thing!

Valentine's Day is just two weeks away. John's birthday is two weeks after that. That's a lot of pressure. Especially for a girl who hasn't really celebrated Valentine's Day for a good three years or so...I'm rusty. On top of this pressure is the fact that he's planning on taking me to San Diego for my birthday. I don't have the kind of money I would love to have in order to get him a present of that magnitude. In fact, I've only managed to spend $22 on him.

So far, I've purchased him a t-shirt that says," I'm here for the gang bang," no, I'm not that crazy...it's from the movie Old School...and frankly, it's my favorite line in the movie. For his birthday I found him a pretty fancy (I'm bowing my head down and shutting my eyes to avoid reading the rest of this sentence) light saber, that I'm trying to talk myself into buying for him. Although my cheeks will burn with shame, I know that John will love it--and I know that it'll just get put on display and not be put to "use" or anything. I mean, I won't have to go having a duel with him...I don't think!!

What else can you think of? I want to get him cool stuff without being totally cheesy...I think the forced romance of the evening is kind of weird and we're good in that area. Hmm, I'm kind of at a loss. If all else fails, I'll buy a cheesy pair of crotchless panties or something and draw R2D2 on the front of them...that should do it.
posted by Melina at 2:07 PM