This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Sunday, August 21, 2005
Let's watch as our heroine avoids not one, but two drunken menage a trois's
And Moocow thought he had problems with telling people about the V-card. I"m having a hard time keeping multiple people out of my bedroom when I'm drunk! But I managed, sort of.

So Friday night I decided that trying to not hook up with other people in the hopes of holding out for Derek was just a silly notion...at least that's what my hormones were telling me. Nina and I headed up to thitwbar and then Chelle, Ry and a few other characters joined us.

None of us were overly drunk when it was time to leave the bar so we decided to continue the party here at my house in the basement bar. Nina met a guy who looked a bit like Mark Ruffalo, we played some darts with him and then decided to invite him and his friends back as well. Once we arrived the alcohol flowed perhaps a bit too freely. Chelle got good and cozy with Rob (a friend of ours whom she's hooked up with before). They disappeared off to my guest bedroom of sin while the rest of us continued to drink merrily. I invited Derek over and he showed up after work. I'm not sure if he really had very much fun since we were all pretty drunk by the time he got here and because both Chelle and I unburdoned our souls to him. Chelle about her desire to share her life with someone and how owning a home can be lonely and boring. I just pretty much whined about everything.

He left and we continued to drink. Suddenly, everyone disappeared except for Ry, Tara and myself. Somehow, we all ended up on the floor and he was kissing the two of us. What? I know...I have no idea how that happened. Well before we could begin the menage (thank goodness!) M called me. I think he was shocked that I answered the phone since it was 4:48 am...but I was looking for an excuse I think to extricate myself from the situation.

M and his friend came over. Ry ended up passed out face down on my couch. M's friend was not far behind him. For some reason Tara and I were holding our own. Again, I'm not sure how this situation happened but M and I started kissing (if you don't know who M is...he's my ex boyfriend from quite a while ago...I think over a year!). Somehow yet again, Tara got included in the action. Somehow, we all ended up in my bed. I don't think M knew what do with himself (bless his little heart). He kissed us both but ultimately he and I retreated into our own little world. I'm nearly ashamed to say that I have no idea where Tara ended up during this time. I think she stayed right there in the room..but I don't know. Obviously, I shouldn't mix drinking, Tara and boys that I end kissing since I never had this kind of "problem " before. I'm not really the sharing type. In fact I was releaved to hear from M's mouth that Tara wasn't realy involved except in the intial kissing (of him, not me). I had to check to make sure that my hazy alcohol induced recollection was correct...and indeed it was. I don't mind trying new things in the bedroom but adding another woman really isn't my style.

So that was my Friday and early Saturday morning. I went to bed somewhere around 6:45 am and started all over again at 12 pm. Last night I took it pretty easy. I went down to the FQB and listened to a fairly shitty band play. I ran into Billy as he was walking out and I was walking in...damn! After he left. I surveyed the crowd and didn't really see anyone that I was interested in talking to, so after consulting my friends and hearing what they had planned I decided to head home.I was home and in bed by 12am knowing that I had an event I had to attend looking fresh and not hungover.
posted by Melina at 6:33 PM