This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Sunday, August 14, 2005
Going Away Party
Well last night was Derek's going away party. It was pretty fun. It was held at the FQB and there were a bunch of bands as well as Derek's own. All the bands played well and Derek's band certainly didn't disappoint. They had everyone clapping their hands and moving their hips to the eclectic sounds of gypsy punk rock.

Chelle came to join the festivities from a wedding. The wedding was fun but she didn't want to miss the night. I have to say, it was REALLY hot in the bar. It's not really a bar made for the amount of people who were there. Because Chelle went to the wedding, she assumed the role of drunk girl for the evening rather than myself. Shots of Jager, Jamison and Tequila were flowing like water. At one point Chelle said that she wanted to go up to thitwbar but I couldn't bring myself to leave the FQB--granted I barely talked to Der all night; but you know in my twisted little head I needed to be in his presence for as long as I could be. Two weeks to go.

Brian (aka Eduardo) made an appearance at the FQB last night. Hmm, he definitely wants to hook up with Chelle or myself...or both of us. The humorous thing of last night is when he showed up and he totally looked like a poor man's Magnum PI...the mustache was more than a little odd. I know, I know...this coming from the girl who has been hanging out with a man who has a handlebar mustache who constantly twirls the ends like a dasturdly deviant (this man being Derek's roommate). Why it works for him? I have no idea.

Since I drove to the FQB and both Chelle and I were way too intoxicated to be behind the wheel of anything...we had to make the decision whether or not to walk home or talk some fine young men into driving us. Being the lazy ladies that we are we talked to some of the guys and asked if they wanted to go back to my basement bar. The irony? I asked Derek and he said no...who says they want to go back? His roommates. (I'm shaking my head right now) So we walked our asses back up to Derek's place and his roommates give us a ride back to the house (with Brian in tow).

As soon as we walked in the door, Chelle disappeared to pass out. I was left to entertain the boys. Lo and behold who should come skipping down the steps twenty minutes later? If you guessed Chelle you'd be wrong...it was Derek. I guess he was lonely in his house since I had all his roommates (except the gay one who looks like the red headed nerd from Revenge of the Nerds...he might've been at home because he didn't come over). Derek exasperates me. He didn't want anything to drink. He didn't want to play the dice game that we were playing. He just sat there...well, actually he played with my dog and together they succeeded in ripping another one of the dog's stuffed animal's heads off. Then he said he was going to wake Chelle up. And off he disappeared. She said they didn't talk long...she didn't think. But who knows? Either he was wandering around the house, or they were making out and she doesn't want to tell me because she knows that I would become murderous :) Then he trots back downstairs, hangs out for a little bit longer and then announces that he was going home.

The boys and I played dice for a little longer (I now have a new game to add to my repetoire) and then the roommates left, leaving just myself and Brian. Brian and I played a little game of I'd sit on the couch and then he'd sit practically on my lap. I'd hop up and go to a barstool and he'd then appear in my pocket. I did the dodge and weave for about five minutes until he finally got the hint that I wasn't going to kiss him. I'm not sure what it is about him that recoil from him...but there's certainly something.

This morning Chelle woke me up in a panic because she couldn't find her license, various lipsticks etc. I vaguely remembered her falling on our walk to Derek's house and so I said we could go look. And then I thought perhaps she left them in Mike's (Der's roommate with the amazing mustache) car. I called Derek and mentioned it to him but I could tell he wasn't really awake...and...annoyed with me. I felt peevish as I hung up with him because I accomplished nothing. He didn't check the car, and I hardly think he even woke up. So I had Chelle drive over there and I searched the car myself. Of course, her stuff was strewn all over the front seat of the floor. Really we shouldn't be allowed out of the house. If it's not me, it's her...and sometimes there's the dangerous combo of the two of us drunk off our asses.
posted by Melina at 5:42 PM