This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Thursday, August 11, 2005
Gravity Thwarted Me Again
So again last night I'm playing darts with Derek's roommates and what do I do for the second time in front of these boys? I fall flat on my face. It might have something to do with the fact that I was wearing hooker shoes. It might have something to do with the fact that I drank my body weight in alcohol too. Either way, I was taking no further chances...I took my shoes off at the bar and for the rest of the evening I was barefoot.

Derek was busy sitting with the stick figure model girl from Monday night and her friends while I was playing darts with the other boys and Chelle. Chelle left me at the bar at 12 because she had to work this morning and I was supposed to be meeting up with some other friends at the bar. They showed up around 12:30 but by that time I was three sheets to the wind, running around barefoot and talking up a storm with everyone and their mother!

The bar closed down and we decided to continue the big party at my house. My neighbors are probably very excited for me to go back to work so that I would stop having these impromptu weekday parties! It was a pretty nice group of friends...although I'm sure in my inebriated state I probably followed Derek all around my house. But perhaps not. Or shall we just say, I hope not? I believe the classiest part of the evening occurred when I passed out on the futon while everyone was still partying! That is class with a K! I heard from a reliable source that I snore quite gently when drunk and that the party continued without me for about another hour. I received a charming email from one of my guests this morning that said, "There were quite a few odd sheningans going on while you were sleeping (bless his sweet little heart for saying sleeping and not saying "while you were passed the fuck out") and I think I impregnated your dog...sorry." That gave me a giggle...I've got perverted friends. Chelle was quite the trooper as she said that she "thought everyone left around 5 am" poor kid, I'm guessing she didn't get much sleep before she had to go to work!

Yep, I think I finally did it...I think I finally partied my ass off just enough that I'm ready to go back to work. Derek's going away party is this weekend...I'm going to miss the bugger.
posted by Melina at 8:44 PM