This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Sunday, August 07, 2005
My Creepy Neighbors Part VI
So my dog and I were walking to the car when I was accosted by my across the street neighbor who ran across the street shouting my name. He then proceeded to pose the most perplexing question I've ever heard in my life. Here goes (everything in ( ) was my internal dialogue):

"Melina! Melina! You work across the street right? (I nodded and rolled my eyes...everyone knows that I work in the building behind my house) Well about 10 years ago I was walking my dog and I found these keys (WTF? 1o years ago? where is the question in this question?) Well, the key chain says Property of a _[nsert where I work here]___ Grad. Do you think you could take them and try to find the rightful owner of the keys?

To which I responded quietly, "No. No, I don't believe I would be able to do it. Perhaps you could take them to the police and they can dust for prints? [my words were dripping with sarcasm at this point].
"Say, that's a great idea! Thanks M! I just might do that." I watched in wonderment as he took the handful of keys, hopped into his BMW and zoomed off...most likely to the police station.

Why am I surrounded by neighbors who make my life more and more like a Kafka novel on a daily basis? It would be funny if I wasn't accosted daily when I step outside my home.
posted by Melina at 5:30 PM