This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Productivity
Yesterday I was quite proud with myself and how much work I got done for work. I don't go back for another two weeks but I decided rather than kill myself with all the running around last minute. I also made it to the gym and stayed there for two hours...and then I decided to booze it up a little at thitwbar with a couple of new friends of mine.

As soon as we arrived I ran into Derek out in the parking lot smoking a cigarette. We chatted for awhile about randomness, for example he said, "You've got the worst handwriting...you can't even read it." I grinned a wide face splitting smile and said, "That's only because you've only seen me drunken love letters to you. My handwriting is actually really, really nice." He returned the grin, "Yea, half the time I couldn't figure out what you wrote down." I grabbed for the door handle of the bar and stepped inside. I turned around and laughed, "That's probably a good thing Der. See you inside." And I felt better knowing that we could continue with the friendly banter...he was definitely distant and cold last week.

It was a fairly quiet Monday night at thitwbar, locals were all there for the $1 drafts and the free pool. I whooped ass at darts last night--I'm thinking it may be a next career move. Professional dart player. I'm sure there are professional dart players out there. Ok, ok...I'm not that good, I just played with people who were that bad!

When Derek got off of work he was talked into playing pool with this gorgeous brunette stick figure of a girl. She was definitely into him as she rubbed his head and shook her cute non-existant hips to the music of the jukebox. Sure I felt pangs of jealousy, but I pushed them down because I know that that's not something that's going to happen, but our friendship is. So I decided to play music instead of worrying about the jealousy issue. And of course, I played great music that you couldn't gyrate your hips to...ok, so I'm not perfect. Sue me.

As I looked at different songs, Derek would pop up behind me and hit the buttons...he did this about sixteen times. If I wasn't smitten woman acting like a 15 year old, I would've gotten exasperated by his antics but instead I was happy that his attention was focused on making me laugh rather than making the dancing/model pretty girl laugh that he was playing pool with. It's the little things people...when you have nothing else to hold onto, that's what you hold onto! Over the course of the evening, I played pool with a very handsome man who had just gotten off of work. Paul noted this, "Your body language screamed, 'Get away from me you sexy man...I want to talk with Derek!"" Well yeah, I guess there's that. I also found out why Billy hasn't been around...he's uh...in jail. Yeah, I sure can pick 'em huh? Well it wasn't anything "too" big, the dummy forgot to call in to his parole officer.

I tried to make the night last as long as possible since Derek joined us up at the bar after we had all given up on pool. Pool sharks we are not. We were a very sad lot indeed. I sipped my beer very slowly as he entertained me with little stories heaped with sarcasm, until finally...there was no reason for me to stay any longer. Twenty days...gotta make 'em last you know?
posted by Melina at 3:52 PM