This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Sunday, May 29, 2005
So Sleepy
Last night I went to bed at 11:30 feeling like a loser. Ry was at a party (someone we're not mutual friends of) and everyone else was wherever they were. I watched some Law & Order and just felt boring and under sexed. Then my phone rings. It's Todd. I resist the urge to pick it up, in fact I run to the bathroom to stay away from it. Then I listen to the message and I melt...not in the sex way, but in the "aw, I miss my friend". Again, I resist. He sends me a text message. I'm not a rock, I sent him one back...we decide to meet up at the one bar that was open this holiday weekend. I won't lie, I put on nice panties for the meeting.

I get there, and S is there too. This isn't a shock in any way, but it's always a roadblock for Todd and I because we try to hide the fact (from S, no one else) that we sleep together still after four years. S still likes me, even though I broke up with him and I have never under any circumstances, even considered going back for even a little "taste", he would definitely have some negative feelings. Since I didn't meet up with them until after 12, I only had one beer and then decided that getting drunk wasn't one of my priorities of the night. Especially since I told my mom the day before that I would go with her to my grandmother's house.

We went back to Todd's apartment to play Texas Hold 'Em with a group of other people. Todd was holding my hand and telling me how he and the on-again-off-again wanted to move in with him now that his roommate moved out and how he thought it was a big mistake. They went away together on a trip that he won from his company and according to him "it was a disaster". I'm so used to his crap about this girl. He never outright cheats on her, he takes the easy way out and waits until they have these little mini break ups. And that's when he and I hook up. b It's stupid I know, but...like your favorite pair of jeans--fits just right and makes your ass look great-that's Todd. In a way, we should've never broken up. But in a way, I'm glad that I only have to put up with his BS when i choose to.

[minor aside- I saw J out and he totally DENIED me. It should've been expected since I haven't called him back at all since he started calling me again, but I just wanted to make sure that he was clean before I did...and all the reports that I got said otherwise. Well I saw him, he waved, I went over to give him a hug and he turned out of the hug...oops...I looked like an ass. We talked for a couple of minutes and then I bailed, he was a little icy with me (understandably so). Once I left him though, he stared at me for the rest of the time I was standing at the bar. I could tell though that he was 'amused' [read pissed] that I was the only girl with seven guys...he read more into it than it was. I was sad when I left the bar because J is a good looking, sweet guy but I ended things there because he was doing way too many drugs for me].

At Todd's we played Hold 'Em, I actually ended up losing but I was the third to last person out. Todd and his one friend ended up splitting the pot because it was four am and no one wanted to continue. I couldn't believe it was 4 and I thought it might be high time that I mosey back to my house and/or figure out a way to get a few minutes alone with Todd (which we attempted several times and we were thwarted every time! Damn. As if I wasn't frustrated already!) We sat next to each other on the couch and he kept touching me, but S wouldn't leave...at 6 I couldn't take it anymore I just wanted to go home. I couldn't sit there and get all worked up for two hours with no pay off! Who could?

S dropped me off, and Todd called me as soon as I stepped in my door. Of course he just voiced my own thoughts about S being out very own chaperone and then we proceeded to have phone sex. It wasn't the same, but at least I went to sleep (at 7am) with a smile on my face.

On another note, my mother is definitely going to kill me as if she wasn't pissed off at me already! She called a 8:30 and obviously, I slept through that phone call. Well she must've gone to my grandmother's without me. I woke up at 11:30 (which is nuts since I usually get up at 7!) and saw that she called my cell...so I called her home phone and left a message saying that I had just woken up and that I hadn't been drinking the night before (which is the truth) that I just got in late. It's not going to help anything, she's still going to kick my 28 year old ass from here to kingdom come...sometimes it's not good to be close to your mom. This is one of those times.
posted by Melina at 12:34 PM