This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Monday, December 20, 2004
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-my own private mindf*ck
I just watched the movie again for the second time. In a way I felt like you erased me from your memory and I guess I went away easily enough--I doubt I have that lasting effect on you as you have/had on me. I attempt every day to erase you but for many reasons (most of which are unknown to me) I am unable/unwilling to forget you. Instead, ESotSM makes me think about and remember you all the more vividly, and I'm not sure that it's a very good thing for me to be doing.
I "hate" the fact that I am thinking that I "missed" your birthday (who could forget the Boston Tea Party), the greeness of your eyes; actually the greeness was startling but it was the way that you looked at me...no has ever looked at me like that, either before you or since you.Well since you, I haven't really let anyone look at me like that. The way you looked-it was intense, but a nice intense. It made me want to see me through your eyes. I miss the way you say Hello on the phone. I miss the way you said my name...all those lame things; but your words echo in my ears in a way that nothing else reverberates. I miss that moment we got caught in the rain when we went to the park for a short hike. We stood huddled in embrace laughing as the cold rain absolutely drenched us. Or the time where you set up a beer pong table (basically your aunt's kitchen table) when I told you that I felt old and that I missed college, beer pong and kicking cute boys asses... Damn it, I'm crying now. Why is it that I am prone to emotional outbursts when it comes to you and no one else? I have moved on physically and for the most part, mentally--but the days are there that I think about the things that I mentioned above and plenty of other pointless and now meaningless thoughts. Would it be better if I could completely forget you? You made me a better person by knowing you, and I had more fun with you than any other person in all the world--even when we did the most mundane things in the world. I could've shopped for rugby socks with you forever...even though I knew you'd only play a few games.
I hope you are well and I hold you in my thoughts fondly. I hope one day, we'll run into each other and that the meeting is like the characters of Eternal Sunshine...unexpected, vaguely familliar but kismet nonetheless.
posted by Melina at 9:12 PM