This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Sunday, December 19, 2004
A Non-Alcoholic Finish to my Weekend
Cr came over and we decided to try and finish our holiday shopping. She was working on two hours of sleep-I don't know how she does it, she looked gorgeous as always when she showed up at my door! The two hours of sleep was due to the fact that her boyfriend, who is in a band, decided to start a screaming match when he got home from his gig at 3 am because she didn't answer her cell phone at 2am (um hello-I don't think he realized that she was babysitting me at the time!). We headed on down to the mall and let the misery steal over us awash. People walking/bumping/downright sacking us from the left and the right. 'Tis the season to be jolly right? Someone should get the word out to the rudies from last night!

Before we left I showed Cr my bruised knees and my digital camera shots of the gents from the night before hoping to be edified. Giggling with glee she informed me that I fell on my porch steps (nothing too exciting or new about that one)...and the camera shots she just laughed at because they were taken when she left me loose on the bar while chatting up some man from her past--someone from high school who was nice to her before she was the ravishing lovely that she is today (I don't think she wanted her little drunken monkey of a friend botching that up for her,no?). So anyways, we looked at the pictures laughed and then headed off. I feel a bit sentimental though, I don't want to delete these fine boys of my lost evening but I don't really want to print them either. I'll just leave them on the camera to amuse me for just a little while longer...
Cr's phone kept getting text messages all night from B (the guy she was crushing on in high school) while at the mall...uh oh...I sense more screaming battles with the band boyfriend will be in her future. Sometimes I miss being in a relationship but other times (like recently) I don't miss it at all. Of course, I'm a one man kind of woman when am in one which makes my life a little easier than that of Cr's! She throws curve balls into her own life sometimes, but she certainly keeps us on our toes!
posted by Melina at 12:41 PM