This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Wednesday, December 22, 2004
Dig that Hole Deeper, Melina!
So as I was just thinking that I should probably post one last time before I get my shower my phone rings and I see that it's not a number that I recognize...uh oh, could it be? Yes, I gave my number out on Friday. If you haven't read previous posts, long story short--on Friday I decided to rid my local bar of all it's supply of Canadian beer...in short, I was more drunk than I was I think on my 21st birthday--and for no apparent reason either. It was Friday and I decided to go three sheets to the wind.
Well R was kind enough to ask me if I remembered who he was and I admitted that I wasn't exactly sure...so I whipped out the digital camera as he described himself. He is an affable gentleman, with a wispy blond hair (possibly a mullet? not sure because he was wearing a hat). Anyway, R was incredibly nice and would like to hang out and in fact asked me to come hang out at the local bar where I caused my Friday night scene. I opted out of that one, but...he asked if he could call me after the holidays and I acquiesed--thinking I made my bed, now lie in it (not literally!! I can't possibly do that to myself). So I'm wondering, will I blow him off or will I speak with him again? I will probably chat with him some more and be nice to him, since I will be seeing him at my favorite hole in the wall...but I don't want to lead him on. R and I- possible best friends in the future perhaps??
This leads me into another tale of man woe...when it rains it pours obviously. My comfort levels are sinking to a dangerous low. M, my ex 22 year old ( a couple years my junior) sent me a text message asking me if I was awake at 12:30. Unfortunately I have to go to bed pretty early because I wake up at the crack of dawn so his message woke me up. Discombobulated (sp?/is that a word?) I got up thinking it was my alarm and started getting ready for work! When I finally realized that it was only 12:30 I went back to bed...but it makes me what evil is lurking in that heart of man? Only kidding, he's a great person and tons and tons of fun but I'm not in the mood to do the whole, "I want to get back together" which in M-speak is, "I want to have sex with you." His M-speak would be fine if he would just come out and say it, I probably would've complied (especially with the mood I'm in now). I like men with integrity. Say what you mean and expect to get slapped, but don't lie to avoid it.
posted by Melina at 12:14 AM