This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Interviews are great diversions from actual posts...
Tiff was kind enough to come up with five fabulous questions for me, if you would like to participate let me know and I'll try and think of five questions for you as well.

1) Since we all are guilty if leaving things unsaid… Is there someone in your past you really wish you could go back and speak to, get something off your chest or just clear the air with but can't?
Well, this would've been a different answer a couple of months ago before I talked with my former best friend/who moved into my townhouse/moved out of my townhouse after letting her beagle destroy my brand new home/ then we hadn't spoken to each other for three years. If I hadn't gone into her work to talk to her (even if it was just that once), then I would've wanted to try and make ammends and speak with her.
Other than her, I would say that they only other person where things will forever be muddled would be with my very ex-boyfriend from 2002. This is because he broke up with me because " his heart wasn't into a serious relationship" and then he got married six months later. Well...I think at the time, I would've had a few choice words for him, mostly about being honest. Now, I could care less for a couple reasons-- a) I ended up with the most awesome husband around! b) I never see the ex so I rarely think about him, in fact I hadn't really thought of him at all until this question. Finally, c) The only reason why I used to want to talk to him was my pride, I wanted to "show him how he messed up"...not realizing at the time that he wouldn't see it that way. So if I could go back in time and talk with him, I would, but I don't really have anyone that I've left anything unfinished with in present day.

2) If you could travel anywhere in the world, with an unlimited budget, where would you go? What would you do there? I would do a completely tropical tour. I'd go to Hawaii, to Bali, to Costa Rica, Australia, The Caymans, Bora Bora...anywhere as long as the sands were bleached white, the ocean was crystaline and amazingly blue and the air was warm. I would go exploring volcanoes, lie on the sandy beaches, swim in the ocean, do some sorely missed scuba diving, sip sweet drinks on the beach while digging my toes in the sand, and I would smooch John at every opportunity given to me. It wouldn't have to be too adventurous for me to have fun (but it could be) I would be more than content relaxing, working on my tan and being catered to. I've never had a lazy vacation...I've alway been on the go, go, go.

3) What one thing do you know now that you wish you'd known in High School or College? If given the opportunity would you go back and change decisions you made based on this knowledge?
Hmm, I probably would've slept with my next door neighbor at 16 rather than when I was 22. It was some of the most mediocre sex ever (and he left his converse on ,but took his Prince Albert out) I've ever experienced (in the back of my grey Tempo). If I had just lost my virginity to him a) I wouldn't have gotten a $500 fine for lewd and lacivious behavior, open container and tresspassing for having so-so sex in a public baseball field. b) I wouldn't have been so disappointed by the experience...I had been working up some hype for the kid for several years and he brought very little to the back seat.
4) What would you say your greatest strengths are? What would your husband say? Your best girlfriends? Your mother? I honestly don't know what my greatest strengths are...I think I'm funny, I'm concerned about others...I don't know!!!
My girlfriends said, and I quote, "You are hilarious, honest, easy to talk to and get along with, thoughtful", "sense of humor", "I agree with the sense of humor, and smart!" "Creative and artistic but I agree very much with funny; great storyteller" (those are four quotes from my friends)
My husband said, "You're a good reader" when I asked him what my greatest strength was. Then he back pedaled and said that he was trapped and that "there was husbandly danger lurking all around", then he told me that his love was my greatest strength...I'm still not sure what that means. I'm also not sure when my husband started writing scripts for Lifetime...

My mom would say that I'm extremely kind and would do anything to protect anyone that I love.



5) What did you want to be when you "grew up"? How far have you strayed from that path? Would you still take that career if you could?
When I was very young I wanted to be a ballerina. Then I wanted to be an astronaut and even went to Space Academy when I was in 7th grade. Once I got into high school I wanted to be a writer and then I decided that I didn't want to be anything...I didn't want to work and I didn't want to have to do anything except what I wanted--most of what I wanted included laying on the beach, reading books, playing with dogs--none of these things are really careers when combined.

I amazed myself when I FINALLY focused on a career...after graduating from college. I went back for more schooling and then I landed a job immediately, I've never been unhappy with my decision and I like going to work more than anyone you've ever known. It's almost sickening how much fun I have at work...it should be illegal, but it's not--so at least you know that I'm not a hooker!



And thus concludes my five. If you are interested in participating, here are
the rules: Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me!" I will respond by
e-mailing you five questions. I get to pick them, and you have to answer
them all. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions. You
will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the
same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them
five questions.


Labels: , ,

posted by Melina at 1:12 PM