This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Bait Him, He Will Come...
So I set the bait (the photo...which was nothing but a harmless pic of me in pigtails smirking), I get the texts and emails and then I waited for him to come.

I had butterflies in my stomach. What was I going to do when he walked in the door? Was I supposed to hug him? Did I want to hug him? Did I want to punch him in the balls? Why did I lure him up here when I wasn't sure...I mean I was sure that I was in love with him and that I didn't want to give up...but what if he gave up for real, and it wasn't just confusion? What if he just wanted to get laid? Did I want to get laid? (Affirmative). And then I heard his car pull up and I waited to see how I would feel when he walked in the door. Without knocking, as if he were home he stepped inside my house and looked shyly at me. We said our hellos and we hugged deeply. I closed my eyes and felt like everything was ok. Even though, everything was not ok. Not yet.

We sat on the couch, awkwardly...our thighs touching, him lacing my fingers in his. "Is this weird?" he asked. "Well yeah, it's weird, but it's ok...we can't pretend that it's not weird." Let's go get something to eat. And I think I need a few drinks in me to talk to you freely without being nervous.

I hopped off the couch and he grabbed me, and kissed me. A long, slow,deep kiss, but it wasn't totally right. It felt great, and then our teeth hit. I took this opportunity to run out of the door and we headed for lunch at thitwbar. Once there, we started talking. I was right. The breakup was due to the crazy aneuretic pressure cooker, aka his head. To make the long story short, he freaked and I suffered for it. And then I made him suffer for it. For about an hour I regaled him with all the things that made me cry, hurt or miss him over the previous five days. Then my food came and I munched happily knowing that he understood the impact of his decision.

We talked more, played some pinball, drank a little more and we came to the decision that he needs to talk to me more, tell me what's on his mind and what he needs. So far, it's been going ok. We're taking things back to the beginning. It's not exactly what I would've wanted, but the plus side is...he's missing me more! Keep your fingers crossed for me. I enter into this new amalgum of a relationship with a cautious heart but an open mind.

PS. Make up sex was phenomenal...and we broke the couch just a little more!! Don't you love when I toss in a random line like that in?
posted by Melina at 11:16 AM