This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Monday, October 03, 2005
A nearly "forced" retirement...and two weeks worth of fun not given nearly enough time
The past two weeks have been pretty interesting. While I remain unchanged, change is occuring all around me. Last week it was Cr's wedding. It was a beautiful event and soo much fun. Cr looked gorgeous, her new hubby handsome as can be. We danced, we drank and sang all night.

Then on Friday Tash sent me an email asking if I wanted to get together after work. We agreed to go to dinner at the FQB I immediately realized what this dinner was all about when our waiter (none other than Billy) asked if we wanted to anything to drink. Tash replied that she was content with water and I immediated yelled, "You're pregnant!" And I was correct. She's been married now for about three years and her husband has been ready for babies since day one of the marriage.

I'm incredibly happy for them but I was also weirded out. My best friend having a baby? Inconcievable! I decided to do the mature thing and I got drunk with my single friends. Oh and drunk I was. I vaguely remember drinking Irish carbombs, shots of kamikaze and having an incredibly hard time staying on my feet. The only thing that hadn't slipped away from me was my ability to lust after Billy. Flirting occurred but alas, again...I was too drunk to do anything about it. My friend T, Billy, one of T's guy friends and I came back and drank a little more in the basement bar--and for the life of me I don't know how I ended up passed out on the futon fully clothed. I mean come on, back in the day--we'd all understand the passed out part, but the fully dressed part?? I must be growing up. Ha ha, yeah that must be it.

Saturday I went out with my friends from work to the local football game to support our community. Hey, the Cornfield's small--we do what we can. Then we went out to dinner and again drank our body weight in alcohol and then burned it all off on the dance floor a little later. It was hysterical when my friend Ml declared, "I'm going to go sing with the band" and with that she ran up to the stage, grabbed the tamborine and a mic and started singing. I can only say that she was an improvement to the cover band...believe me you.

I've also come to the decision that I'm not going to go to Denver for Thanksgiving. I still talk with Drk on email (not overly frequently, but not entirely that often either) but I figured that if I did go out there, things would be weird. He'd be assuming I was going to try to jump him (and I'm done with that idea), or he'd propose a pity fuck which would leave my head hurting and I'm sure my heart as well. So I'm claiming lack of funds and I'm just going to sit here on Thanksgiving and eat my mashed potatoes...unless I can talk another family-less friend into going somewhere fun. I WILL go to Denver one day...for my own personal fun...but it won't be any time soon.

So. Did you miss me? I misssed you all too. My computer is really crapping out. I bought a brand new Ibook but it doesn't have an internet connection as of right now. If you know of anyone who has a installation disk for AOL mac email ok? (and don't tell me how sucky AOL is...I get it for free because my mom still pays the bill...I just piggyback on her account). Hopefully I'll be back up to 3-4 posts a day as long as I can get my crap computer to stay online long enough to write a post.
posted by Melina at 6:45 PM