This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Maybe we're the white knight and we have to save ourselves

I really shouldn't watch Sex in the City reruns...especially when they ask the question, "Deep down...do women just want to get rescued?" Because deep down, I do. I sooo, do...I don't care how successful I am professionally, or the fact that I own my own house, or the fact that I have a very loving mom and canine crew. I want to be saved. Saved from drinking pickle juice from the jar and wiping my mouth off with the back of my hand just because I can. Saved from wearing insane outfits of mismatched socks, a side sloppy ponytail, orange boxers and a snazzy tank top that says "I'm the girl your mom warned you about"...because no one's going to see the outfit and snicker at me (although I'd love an endearing snicker right about now). So aside I've decided that I have to figure out my next move so that I get out of my 10 month comfortable trip through Inertiaville (yes yes I'm aware that you can be inert and have a trip. Shut up!). And then I thought again and decided...there isn't going to be a next move. I'm going to sit back and get pursued. Oh it happens...it happens all the time, it just tends to be the undesireables. For some reason they have the guts that others don't. I have no idea why. (Sigh). "Someday my prince will come..." and if he doesn't...I'll be buying more dogs soon. And I'll still be fine. I just wanted something to post. Sue me.
posted by Melina at 10:11 PM