This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Sunday, August 28, 2005
And Like that...I felt better
Well last night I took a moment and just said my goodbyes to Derek. Like the busy bee that he is, he was working at the bar even at the very end. My goodbye I think was pretty good...I didn't let him stop and interupt me, and I wasn't dumb enough to include my emotional drivel. It went a little something like this, "I know you're not leaving until Wednesday now, but I doubt I'll see you before then. Drive safe, good luck and I think you picked a perfect career path for yourself. See you around Thanksgiving." He smiled, handed me my food, asked me for a light and asked what I was doing after the bar closed. And I just smiled and thought to myself, "Maybe this would've been the night," and then I pushed my little fantasy world out of my head and knew he was just looking for something to do (as in drinking) after the bar closed. I gave him my best smile, tossed my hair and said, "I've got to get to bed, I'm pretty tired."

And like that, this chapter (this obsession) ended. And I was ok with it. It's going to be pretty exciting to see who I meet now that I'm kind of open to meeting someone. And I promise not to obssess...it was just a one time deal. Promise.
posted by Melina at 4:35 PM