This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Thursday, August 25, 2005
Who's not ready for work??? Um me
So yeah, who came to work an hour late today??? (it's ok, I just skipped out on breakfast) . And why did our heroine come in late to work?? (am I begging the question?) Yes, I was super hungover. Actually, at the time...I think I was still drunk. Let's get into the finer details.

So last night my work threw us a "Welcome Back Party". It was $10 and it was all you can eat and drink. Well I did very little eating but I did a whole lot of drinking. From this picnic thingy I went to thitwbar because these are Derek's last days. I was stuck in a conundrum because I wanted to talk to him so badly but I was sooo incredibly drunk that I really didn't want to talk to him. But of course, my desire to talk to him outweighed my desire to not appear as the drunken ass that I often am around him. I couldn't even tell you what we talked about. I know I bandied around the words, "I love you" and "please don't move"...actually they've peppered every conversation that I've had with him this entire month when I was drunk. Seriously, I just don't why he doesn't respond to, "You should love me just because..." I love the man but he's not that bright if you ask me. When a cute girl, who's a drunk, highly intelligent, often inebriated tells you that you should just love them already...I think this a cue to just love them. I don't care what other people say, Derek could love me if he just tried a little. I'm not asking for a whole lot here. It's not like I'm an ugly ogre in the corner or the weird old lady from the Goonies or something.

Now actually piecing together my night is a little tough. My friend Nikki came out with me, but she was pretty tired. She left around 1 am and slept at my house. That's how you know I was drunk. I didn't go home with the person who was staying at my house. I talked to Derek's roommates for awhile. His one roommate is very,very gay (not that I care mind you) and I met his boyfriend last night for the first time. And then I decided to hit on his other roommate. I don't think that worked too well because I ended up taking home the guy that (think way back) Derek, Chelle and I didn't allow to sleep one night because we told him it would be worse to have an hour of sleep.

Nothing "exciting" happened. He seems like a really cool guy and he's got a beard...now if only I could get him tattooed and change his name to Derek (oops, is that bad?). I vaguely remember making out with him in the field behind my house for what seemed like forever. Is it bad that I have no idea what his name is? Is it bad that I didn't even get his phone number? This morning we woke up on the couch...so I'm guessing that he might've been nearly as drunk as me (or he permitted me to sleep on the narrow couch doubled up because he's just that "nice"?) The sweet boy walked me to work this morning because I knew I was still too drunk to drive (and I live across the street) and then he treked his way home. I'm sure I'll see him around.

And the whole time I thought, "I wish that was Derek." It's probably not a bad thing that he's leaving, I mean for my mental health...but already I'm wishing for it to be Thanksgiving. I'm going out to Denver to visit him. I want it to be November right now!
posted by Melina at 2:19 PM