This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Tuesday, February 08, 2005
Shaving = No Sex...When Will I Learn?
So last night I was out with my friend Kir and when I came home I smelled like cigarettes and cheeseburgers...typically I wouldn't mind the cheeseburger smell but the dogs were pouncing on me with more love and vigor than usual. I decided to take a shower. I rarely shower at night because I need that added pick-me-up of a morning shower and also there's the fact that if I wash my hair at night it never really looks all that great in the morning!

While I was in the shower, however, I thought, "Hmm, maybe I should shave my legs just in case Todd or Matty calls me." Well I was all soaped up with nowhere to go and no one to do (ha ha, that's a joke...laugh with me people). I'm sure I could've called one of them if I really wanted to, but it was just the principle of the whole deal. I had smooth legs! If I had left them as they were...not overly hairy persay but somewhat cactus-ey...one of them definitely would've called me. I've known this for years, and yet I never listen to my own rules.

It's also the reason why I never wear matching socks. If you are totally "cuted up" all plans/schemes/designs on men will certainly fail. Although, I'm thinking...that on Drk the mismatched socks might have the opposite effect. And perhaps, if I wear matching socks (for the first time in oh say 7 years), then perhaps...just maybe...Oh I'm sooo trying it!! Well I've finally figured the secret out, it's definitely the socks; don't try to tell me otherwise-damn it!
posted by Melina at 2:32 PM