This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Thursday, February 03, 2005
W is for Wanton
So it took all day for me to post because I have been whipped. Last night was a riot at THITWbar, everyone and their mother was there. Chelle and I were enjoying the specials. I had a wonderful turkey club made for me by my boyfriend who...shave his beard! I'm so sad. Once I got drunk I told him that I wanted the beard back. He smiled and said he'd try to oblige me. The funny thing was, I had no time to focus on Drk because my night was FULL of other men!
I'm talking to Chelle but who comes stumbling in but--Todd! Now, on Monday when he was begging me to "hang out with him" (translation--Fuck him) I told him that I wasn't going out until Wednesday and I would be at THITWbar. Look at that! He came in pursuit of me, what a nice little change. I talked with him for a bit and then left him in the capable hands of Chelle because I had seen another, better target- Matty!
After the awkward phone conversation from the previous night I thought the only way to approach him was to send him and his friends drinks. Worked like a charm. Matty came over and we chatted. All the while Todd is boring a hole into me from all the staring that he was doing. Chelle had decided that she had had enough. She had come to the bar for two purpose-one, to hang out with me and two, to run into either B or Mikey. Neither was at the bar. She put her coat on and as soon as she was about to leave the bar, B walks in. Reluctantly, Chelle still went home. Before she left she told me, "Now be good, and don't go home with Todd." Now left to my own devices I had a decision to make. Todd was trying to convince me to go back to his house where, "We could talk privately" (translation=fuck). My response was priceless. I turned to Matty and asked him, "So are you driving me home tonight?" (translation=fuck me). He told me he would and then I went about the careful process of getting rid of Todd. He couldn't believe it! His expression was one of incredulousness! It literally read, "How dare you turn me down?" Finally, he got the hint and went home. Although he wasn't finished. He sent me about six text messages while I was still at the bar with Matty asking me if he could come back and get me, "couldn't we please hang out" and "why are you with HIM?" The messages were and still are amusing, I saved them so that I can remember what it feels like to turn Todd down. Apparently, it doesn't happen that often to him!
Matty and I went home and I can honestly say I made the right choice. I got a whole hour of sleep before I had to get up and go to work and all day people kept asking me if I was sick because I looked like roadkill and I could hardly keep my eyes open. This is really not something that you can tell people, "Oh yeah, I look god awful because I had the most earth shattering sex last night and I'm fairly sure that when it was all said and done, even the neighbors had a cigarette." So instead I just kept muttering things about not feeling well and allergies. I don't think I was fooling anyone, and everyone just thought I was hung over. All day, as crummy as I felt-- I was on cloud nine with a goofy grin on my face as I relived the night, over and over again. Good times.

I came home and totally crashed. But before I curled back up into my bed I sent Matty a text message saying that I would like round two tonight. In all honesty, I don't know if I could really take another night like that for oh say...a day or so, but I figured I'd express my approval of the evening's occurences. My mom came over this evening to go to dinner and I filled her in on all of these goings ons. She may not have been the most pleased about my Matty escapade but she was elated that I sent Todd packing! She really doesn't like him. Wow! I really don't ever want to get on her bad side.

Well that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. So, maybe I'll never get Drk but I'm having fun while trying!
posted by Melina at 8:25 PM