This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Monday, February 28, 2005
Random News and Facts
1. The boy known as J___ called Cr to appologize for being a drunken fool from the night before...which Cr explained that her best friend is a drunken fool and that she's physically and psychologically drawn to drunken fools. No actually, she just told him to stop agonizing about it.

2. He called back later that same night, um, I'm not exactly sure why...but whatever he said had Cr smiling. Now Cr and I talked and she's not jumping into another relationship right away (she's still healing up from the breakup of her and the boyfriend (C) that she was with for two years. Then she made the mistake of dating W, about five weeks after she broke up with C...it was a mistake and she caused pain to both herself and for W. I think she's just going to be friends with John until she knows what she wants to do).

3. Cr was upstairs moving stuff into her new bedroom when she found something. She calls my name from the top of the steps and says, "I think I found a skinhead's t-shirt." I go to the bottom of the stairs and there I see a 4XL black t-shirt. I just sent Chelle an email poking fun at her over the www, and she says..."I know nothing about it. Can't we just forget that night? I did!" I do believe that I will be saving that "shirt" (could also double as a small top sheet for a bed) for Chelle for either her birthday.

4. Chelle has decided to lift her self-imposed celibacy (at least that's what she announced in a flurry of emails to me today). I think it's been going on for a year. (Kissing doesn't count!) I think she scared herself with her encounter with A. She has finally decided to sleep with the cute boy from work with whom she baudily banters with on email every day. As her promiscuous friend, I always question how she can do this to celibacy thing to her body and she just gives me that look. Then at some point in nearly every conversation for the past however many years, I end up bitching about how I'm climbing the walls because I haven't had sex in three or four days and she slaps my arm, rolls her eyes and says, "Try not having sex for a year!" My reply, "No thank you." And you know what? I really couldn't do it, not even if I wanted to (which I don't). My flesh is weak and I like it that way. So more power to you Chelle. You're a stronger woman than I. (read those last two lines like the guy in the voiceovers for Miller Lite)

5. I cleaned my bedroom for the first time in almost seven months. My entire wardrobe was on my floor (clean and in piles) but I just didn't have "the time or energy" to hang the clothing up. On Saturday I finally hit critical mass...I had created a slovenly masterpiece and I was sick and tired of stepping over clothes. Plus it was kind of a wakeup call/intervention when Matty told me that I should clean my room because no one should "live like this". And he even took it a step further by announcing that he always puts his clothes on my dresser because he's afraid that he's going to lose his boxers (which happened to him here in the past) in my room. Well Matty, I'm happy to present to you a beautiful, spotless bedroom. Ahem, let me channel a little Mae West, " Matty, why don't you come up and see me sometime."

This horrible experience took about six hours (no exaggeration there) to finally get everything re-washed and hung up in the closet. There were a few surprises found on my floor within the piles of discarded clothing. I am definitely the poster child of safe sex which was proven to me when I found about six condom wrappers amongst the clothes, it could've been worse if you can imagine with me but it was still gross. Ok Melina, repeat after me, "You are not a frat boy...you cannot live life with condom wrappers on the floor (even though they were completely hidden and swallowed up by my clothes on the floor). How would you explain that to anyone?" I was a little ashamed of myself and I'm kind of glad I kept that bit of info to myself when I presented my room to my mom. Yes I'm a dork, that I made my mom get into a car and drive the whole five miles over to my house to look at my newly clean bedroom. But it's like a planetary alignment. See it now, because it's not going to happen again anytime soon. Except I promise that I will check for stray wrappers from now on, because that just cannot occur again...ickk. (ok that one was for Chelle since she was a little worried about being the only one singled out and embarassed in the post).
posted by Melina at 1:30 PM