This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Friday, February 25, 2005
Ex Files- I Slept With Bruce Springsteen
A long, long time ago when I first started hanging out with V as friends right after he and his girlfriend broke up (because I was trying to weasel my way into his heart as his "friend") he called me up and asked me if I wanted to help him teach his cousin some drinking games because he (the cousin)was not very worldly when it came to them. V and I went to the same college so we were pros at drinking, playing games and fornicating (it was a very small town college).

I showed up at his apartment with a bag of homemade cookies and a case of V's favorite beer- Victory Golden Monkey, a Belgian Triple (which at that time I had never had before). We taught Bobby about twenty different games and all the while I'm drinking the Monkey, enjoying it whole heartedly, without knowing that it had 9.0 alcohol by volume. Damn, the monkey had bite! It bit me hard! The next thing I know I'm playing my hand from V's lap (seriously here, I'm just laying in his lap
playing my cards). Bobby passes out and V and I start fooling around on the couch.

I remember that we went into his room and we were on his bed, which was the single largest bed I'd ever seen in my life. I remember that we ended up taking each other's clothes off. I remember being embarassed because I had a really stupid bra on with pink hearts on it and leopard print underwear because I never in my wildest dreams thought anyone was going to be seeing them that night (I've never made that mistake again).

[The rest of the story was told to me by V, as I was too intoxicated to really remember everything...I remember snippets but it seemed like I was watching a movie rather than actually being there myself.]

V tells me that we start having sex and that he's talking to me and all of a sudden I start babbling about bribing a bouncer or something to get to him. He's confused, he asks a series of questions. He gets rambly weird answers. He says he grinned and then asked me who I thought I was "making love to"...I respond, "You Bruce." He questions me again, "Who's Bruce?"
I respond, "You are."
"Bruce who?"
"Bruce Springsteen." (who I am obsessed with, but I don't think that V knew that at the time)
He begins to laugh uncontrollably and tells me that we should continue this when I'm not all hopped up on Golden Monkey. The gentleman in him finally realized that I was crocked out of my mind. So he said he put a t-shirt on me, spooned me and we went to sleep.

[This is what happened next.]
I woke up in the morning, I look at the cute lug next to me. I touch his cheek, grin and then slide out of the bed. My clothes are neatly folded on a chair by the end of the bed. There's a note on top of my bra, "Nice matching set Cool Girl." And then it was signed, "Your biggest fan, Bruce Springsteen." Ok I was completely puzzled but I put my clothes on and I bolted because I was so scared that what we had done the night before was going to completely ruin our friendship. It was the direction that I wanted to go but now that we had...I didn't just want it to be a sex thing. I wanted a relationship with him. So I jotted a note for V and his cousin and I race home with a terrible hangover. I cursed the Golden Monkey all the way home.

I get home and realize that I just can't leave it the way I did. I wanted V to know why I had bolted so early. I fired up the computer and sent him an email (at this time we were emailing each other about five or six times a day).
Dear V--I just wanted to let you know whatever happened (I kind of know but I'm a little hazy on how it finished...sorry...I think your beer killed me!) I won't boil your bunny or anything. I know that you just got out of a seven year relationship and I won't push for you to jump in one with me, but I do want you to know that's where I'd like us to be headed. If you don't want this, let me know because I don't want to ruin our friendship because you rock my world! (Ok, I'm not going to use that phrase anymore now that we slept together because it has a completely different connotation than it did yesterday) You know what I mean. As always, lots of love and laughs--M. PS. What was up with the Bruce Springsteen note?

This is what I got back about an hour later:

Dear M-- I knew you were going to freak out and bolt early in the morning and that's why I left you a note (see sometimes it is good to sleep with your friends M, they know you better than the rest of the world ;) ) I'm not worried about you boiling my bunny, as I do not have a bunny, but thanks for the sentiment. I will not boil your dog either. So now that we both know neither of us is going to go crazy, I do want to see where this is going to go. I can handle it if you can and if one of us needs to back off--I'm cool with that too. By the way...you thought you were having sex with Bruce Springsteen last night. I won't say I wasn't curious, but I thought maybe that was a sign that you weren't a consenting adult so I put a halt on the night's events. Next time read the label of the beer my little lush, you shouldn't play drinking games with the Monkey--it's 9% alcohol and it kicked your cute ass. I'm looking forward to wrestling with you in the future just as long as you call me V...you can still call me "The Boss" if you'd like though. ~V

And that's how I ended up sleeping with Bruce Springsteen one fine night in March a couple of years back. To the real Bruce, I'm sorry...I didn't really sleep with you, but heaven knows I'd like to!
posted by Melina at 9:41 PM