This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Wednesday, February 23, 2005
No Wind Beneath My Hot Wings
So tonight is Wing Night. I hang my head sadly, my shorn hair tickles my shoulders where it used to cascade down them; or according to Cr it just "hung" there...whatever. The real sadness? The fact that I'm probably not going to thitwbar tonight, the first night without Wing Night in two months (read:first Weds.night without Matty when he's done his union meeting).
Chelle has put an embargo on weekday beer so that she can save money; I think she just doesn't have to hang out with A because she feels so guilty because he's such a sensitive fascist. Either reason is admirable enough I suppose. Cr mentioned something about going out either Wednesday or Thursday but I haven't heard anything from her yet and tomorrow it's supposed to snow like a bitch all day. (Sigh) This no Drk stuff sucks, I'm going to take all of this angst out on the eliptical shortly. For now I'll just look at his picture. Yep, he's as dreamy as I remember him. In the fine words of those flaxen haired twins (Nelson, in case you didn't know who I was referring to) "I just can't live without your love and affection." Ok that was the cheesiest thought I've ever posted but it cracked me up so I'm guessing that's all that matters. Perhaps later, (when I should be doing work) I'll make a list of cheesy (and not so cheesy) titles that refer to my "love and affection" for Drk.
Ok so if I were to make a theoretical tape for Drk what would be on it? Actually probably none of what I'm posting because I'm not looking at my (seriously 100's and 100's of CDs) so I know that I'm just going to toss in anything that I can think of off the top of my head right now. So...

Right off the bat: Magnet and Steel, The Good Times Are Killing Me (Modest Mouse-well because all this bar going has been killing me),Cat Scratch Fever (the Nuge-not because I'm a huge fan or anything but because that's the way I'm feeling),A Pirate's Life For Me (It's the song they play in the ride,"Pirates of the Carribean"), Why Do Good Girls Like Bad Guys (DMX-ok that one doesn't count since he's the good one, I just wanted to get a little thug vibe on the tape), I Like the Way You Move (Outkast-because of his cute strut), Diamonds on the Inside (Ben Harper-because I think he's both good looking and good hearted),On Fire (Bruce Springsteen-describes how he makes me feel when I see him), Strange Condition (Pete Yorn-because Yorn feels the same way I do about everything, I just have this feeling, except I'm a little bit more chipper about the failure of my love life,White Lines (Uhh not for the reason you think, but because it seems like I've been on drugs for the past two months...being coked up out of my mind would explain things; unfortunately I'm drug free)...hmmm this is a lame list but I guess I'll have to pull out my CDs and see what I can come up with. What can you come up with? Give explanations.
posted by Melina at 4:43 PM