This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Monday, February 21, 2005
Five Bars In As Many Hours
Last night Chelle called and said that she'd be over by 6:30 to head over to the microbrewery. We went there and it was dead. Dead as a doornail, like Jacob Marley. We ate there (which was a struggle in itself to be seated even though there were about forty tables open) and we drank most of a pitcher of beer. I also had the pleasure of running into S (of the weird text messages, and strange phone calls, and he's the guy that called me a whore--for no reason, honestly). It actually was a comfortable conversation; he's a nice guy when he's not drinking.

We decided to leave that bar and we headed to the next closest bar. We got out of the car but as I peered in, it looked like all old people. We packed back into the car and went to my old local bar (from the time before meeting Drk). The old local bar features a special on Sunday nights which is any well drink or draft beer for a silver coin (so theoretically, a nickel) for one hour. Usually it's pretty fun but that bar was kind of dead too. We ran into Clint but only said our hellos. He would've been more friendly had Cr been there, since they went to high school together. Doesn't matter, he was still nice to look at. After a beer we decided to head over to the biker bar that's a few blocks down from thitwbar.

I should've known what kind of night we were going to have when I opened the wooden door and fell inside. Apparently there's a stone step there. Who knew? Obviously not me as I was sprawled on the floor. Not exactly the entrance I typically like to make--but considering there were about five men in the bar (and two women) I was ok with the sprawling. We drank a beer and then this guy approached Chelle and I. Now I don't want to poke a lot of fun on this guy because he was very sweet. That being said, he had a hair helmet. It was a feathered, mullety kind of deal and it was thick, a smokey grey color and looking very much like a dead pelt on his head. He asked to buy us beers. I started to decline but Chelle quickly said,"Sure." Greg (of the mullet pelt) proceeded to tell us that he's head of arriving security for bands such as Aerosmith and Van Halen but that he was in town to get a divorce. I felt bad for him so as I played Naked Photo Hunt with Chelle I nodded my condolences. Speaking of photo hunt, Chelle and I pretty much spent about ten dollars on photo hunt. Money well spent I suppose, it kept us from making eye contact with the locals (damn, I am a local here now. Damn I say!). Chelle and I decided to head over to the French Quarter (a bar across the street, not New Orleans).

We shuffled across the street (smart women that we are in our three inch heels trotting out in the snow) and entered that bar. It was equally empty, but we ran into Mikey and his friend who I think is pretty darn hot but he's always got a lady on his very nicely tattooed arm...and it's never the same girl twice! So we chat with Mikey for a while (who is pretty banged up and drunk) when they announce that they are going to the second bar that we stopped at, that I made us turn around and get back into the car. Mikey stumbles to an semi-standing pose and asks, "You coming?" So we agreed that we would meet them up there after we finished our beers. Amazingly, it was only ten thirty at this point.

So we went to the bar that Todd always frequents and I was half hoping to run into him because frankly I wanted to get laid. But he wasn't there. Chelle, Mikey and proceeded to get drunk, well Mikey was well on his way beforehand. Mikey's friend and his ex-girlfriend who is now "a friend with benefits" decided to leave around 1 am. Because Chelle said, "Call Todd." I did. I'm laying the blame solely on her...and the snow. Todd lives across the street from the bar so it was only right to think that he would drive us home, and hey, if I had to sleep with him in gratitude so be it. Well I text messaged him. We text messaged back and forth. He said he'd come get us. Then he told me he was wasted and he wasn't even at his house but that he would come get us and then "he would make me cum." This dirty little text message made me happy and excited to see him. Umm yeah, he was a no show. Knowing him like I do, I'm sure that he passed out wherever he was. He's always been one to pass out sitting up. So yeah, I call him again and leave him a drunken message, promising sexual favors etc and I hear nothing. Today I look at my phone. I sent him 19 text messages last night, granted he sent 11, but gosh (the gosh is residual effects from Napoleon Dynamite, sorry). Apparently I had a goal.

Because Mikey, Chelle and I had no ride and we were all drunk as skunks we had to call his friend's friend with benefits (FWB). FWB arrived and drove us home. Of course I had to be difficult because I made FWB drop me off at my house so that I could be with my dogs. FWB sighed and fishtailed her way to my house. Chelle and her "twin" as she calls Mikey (as they have the same birthday) decided to go back to his friend's house where I would've assumed that they would've hooked up. But...
she shows up at my house at 8:30 am and shrieks,"We wouldn't hook up! We're twins!" There was really no point for her to go there last night then (in my book) because all they did was eat Chinese food and drink a beer because everyone else was already passed out at the house. I sat at my house last night composing a really nice text message to Drk that read, "Do you want to watch a movie with me sometime as friends? I know I've been (am a) tard but I think that we would be really good fries (I'm assuming that I meant friends there)" I didn't send this message, I put it in my saved bin and then I pitched it off my phone this morning. Now Chelle and I lay on my couches laughing about our evening of every bar except the strip club that our tiny town has to offer. So there, are you all happy? I got away from thitwbar for a day...did I mention that it's closed on Sundays? Well it's the priciple of the deal, really.
posted by Melina at 11:47 AM