This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Monday, February 21, 2005
Don't Give Us A Day Off Please... No Really, Please.
So because I had the day off I needed to fill my time with all that I possibly could. Chelle and I watched The Forgotten, and to be honest, it's already forgotten. I hated it. Truly, madly, deeply. When Chelle left it was like the changing of the guard, because Cr came over. Cr and I decided to plan our birthday party over a nice hoagie at my favorite sandwich shop. With that done we hit the dollar store (yes we are classy) to buy our decorations and then...well we decided to hit thitwbar, because we wanted to get our drink on. "Hi, my name's Melina and I'm a sexaholic/alcoholic." Kidding. I can do without the alcohol. Seriously, I can.

We get to thitwbar and the cute 19 year old bartender/son of the owner is working. Yum. I feel like the dirtiest woman ever as I watch him do whatever he's doing. Cr and I attempt to drum up some other friends to join us at the bar at 2:30 but alas we could think of noone but Drk. I say, "No, I'm not texting him," very firmly. Cr says to me, "If you do what you've continued to have done, then you should expect the same results. You're not drunk. You should actually call him, but I will accept a text message." The statement about continuing what you have done resounded in me. Spineless like a jellyfish, I chose not to call him but I did send him a text message: "Hey! Cr and I want to hang out with you. And why wouldn't you want to hang out with the funnest (on purpose grammatical error) girls ever?" Well apparently, he was either sleeping, dead, busy or didn't want to hang out with the "funnest" girls ever. And because of that ladies and gents, I'm holding myself to the March 20th deadline. Cr and I discussed it. First of all we laughed at it. Then she said as usual, "M, you're soo not like this. In fact I've seen guys pine over you more than you've ever pined over anyone. Actually, have you ever pined over anyone other than V?" The answer to this is a resounding NO, but I have to say, the V pining was way different. That was real heartache; whereas this is just infatuation.

So we didn't hear from Drk even though my heart jumped when I received a text message...but it was Chelle (not that I don't love you babe, but hey...you're without a penis, a pirate tattoo and a tiny little bean of a head). We proceeded to discuss our sex lives with wild abandon, avoiding the widening eyes of the truckers who were parked alongside of us at the bar. There was a whole lot of Matty discussion,comparisons between him, Todd, a couple of other boys, including the boy (the other boy, who's not Matty) whom Cr and I "overlapped" on (but not at the same time...even though he asked for a threesome, and we almost agreed. Almost. I got smart last minute. And of course, we discussed Cr and W's sex life (sorry W), although mostly we talked about the growing emotional connection,nothing juicy--seriously. Cr was trying to tell me that she thought that perhaps with Matty, there could be a stronger connection could be there if I would just drop the "I'm-in-love-with-Drk" act. In fact she used the cute guy from Friday that I left at the bar as an example ) She tried to tell me that a guy (Matty) would definitely "hit that" once or twice but when he (Matty) keeps coming back (disregarding how GOOD the sex is) that there is some underlying attraction there. I disagreed. I could definitely see myself actually liking Matty if I would allow myself to, but I don't. And the reason why I don't is because I know Matty like the back of my hand. Why? Because I am a female Matty. For example, at times I despise Todd, and yet given the opportunity I'd bang him like a screen door (sorry, had to be said...it was my favorite line in high school...long before I was banging anything except screen doors--umm when I was shutting them).

So we spent about two hours at the bar that we lovingly call home. I know what you're thinking, this was my one trip to the bar. Um no, it doesn't count, Drk wasn't there. Cr graciously offered to show up at Drk's church and she wanted us to bang on his door and demand that he hang out with us, but I had enough sense to turn it down. We've agreed that I will date after March 20th, because there are boys that do want to date me (the nice thing is, that they will wait) but because they're "easy to get" I just don't like them. So Drk, if you're reading this (which you're not) you've got a month and after that, there will be a new star of the blog. Sorry hon, I love you...but you aren't reciprocating. Reciprocate and I'll make it worth your while, promise.
posted by Melina at 4:48 PM