This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Sunday, February 27, 2005
Class Reunion At The Bar
Cr and I have this uncanny ability to remember every single person we ever went to elementary school with. It's so bad that I ran into this guy and said to him unprovoked (and without speaking with him prior to this) "I sat next to you in our kindergarten picture," or my favorite line to yet another classmate, "We rode the bus together, you got on at ________ and lived at_______" I ended up having sex with that boy out by the bonfire at a party later that night. All because of a bus stop. That's a good story perhaps I'll tell it a bit later.

Last night,however, it was not my night of class reunions, it was Cr's. Everywhere we went (we actually went to three different bars--imagine that) Cr was running into boys left and right. First there was the hoodie boy who seemed smitten and talked Cr's ear off for about an hour, then there was a cutie who was staring at her so much that I thought at first he was a little weird, but as it turned out he was just really, really drunk. I was in the same boat as him, whereas Cr was nursing her beers because the memory of the hangover from the day before was all too vivid. The only problem about this cutie named J___ was that he is best friends with Mikey. Now if you don't recall, Cr and Mikey had a mutual attraction but, at the time Cr had a boyfriend--therefore it never went past the stage of thinking he was cute. This was just a passing thought at first but when Cr dropped me off and went to take J___ home, she realized that she just might come face to face with Mikey. In a way, she was correct.

We were hanging out at my house (ohh and now Cr's!) for a little and J___ commented on Drk's picture that is sitting with a pile of other pictures on top of the TV. He said, "Oh I love Drk. He's a great guy." (tell me something I didn't know) The only funny thing about that is that Bill said something similar about the pic too and now one of them is going to go back to Drk and tell him that the picture is just lying out. At least it isn't framed or anything...it's just waiting to be put into the scrapbook with the other pictures from thitwbar--but that will be an awkward conversation. "Umm yeah Drk, I do have that picture I took of you. Oh you want it back? No, I'm sorry I just can't oblige you right now".
On the ride to J___'s house he attempts to hold her hand. Awww drunk and sweet, so cute. This Hallmark Hall of Fame moment was interrupted by a drunken text message from me. Apparently since I learned that J___ was friends with Drk I sent Cr a text message asking her to find out Drk's last name. Oh I am such a drunken stalker, but now I know his last name and that's what really counts, right?
They get back to his house to find Mikey and some girl all snuggled up on the couch and passed out. At least it wasn't awkward. Cr gave J___ a kiss on the cheek and when he tried to give her a real one she stopped him and said, "Wait until next time, when you're not drunk." (look at that self respect and control, go Cr) And with that she gave him her number and came back to find me sleeping (some would say passed out) on the couch. On the positive side, this kept me from sending very many drunken texts. I sent an early text to Matty at around 10:30pm which wasn't bad or even sexual. I sent one to Todd that wasn't so sweet and demure at around 1:30 am, but that's not a big deal. In fact, I shook my head this morning because I don't really want to hook up with him again! Neither boy took time out of their busy schedules to text or call me but that's because Matty was working and Todd is probably back together with his girlfriend. But the best thing about life is that I finally took Drk's number out of the phone (I had tricked myself by putting him under a different name so that I would refrain from texting him drunkenly, but it didn't work), which was absolutely perfect because the mood I was in last night he would've called me a pervert, for sure! And I would've been blushing for days, hey sometimes I feel shame--not often but it happens.

Cr and I are both hoping that J___ calls her because he seems like a really good egg...but you never know with these boys. This morning at breakfast Cr laughed and said, "He was so drunk last night he probably doesn't even remember my name...in fact he probably doesn't remember how he got home!" It's a good thing she put her name above the phone number.
posted by Melina at 4:08 PM