This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Saturday, February 26, 2005
"Well That Explains The Glares"
So yesterday before I went to work Cr and I were talking about this guy named Bill. She went to high school with him and they were talking at the bar the night before. After a conversation of "catch up on what's going on your life," he turns to her and says, "I hope your friend doesn't think I'm a total dick," referring to me. Cr is baffled, and I'm just blind drunk on my barstool so I make no reaction because I now have limited hearing and have resorted to screaming my drink orders. Equally drunk (perhaps more so), Cr asks him why I would think he was a dick when I've had very limited contact with the boy. In fact my contact has been 1) I've seen him at the bar a few times. 2) my friend hooked up with his roommate 3)I ate dinner at the restaurant where he worked, but he wasn't working that night. 4) I was once at his (now ex) girlfriend's house during an extreme late night excursion. He tells her point blank, "I hit on your friend the other night."

Ok. So...the night Chelle and I hung out with A, the skinhead we stopped over at A, the skinhead's roommate's girlfriend's house. A's roommate is Bill. Ah, the pieces are slowly coming together. So we're at this girlfriend's house. To the best of my recall, I remember sitting on the couch with Drk's hat pulled low over my eyes and telling anyone who would listen about who I got the hat from and how much I looooooved him. Apparently, there was more to this story.

According to Bill, he kept trying to hit on me and actually was draping himself (his words, not exactly sure what constitutes draping)on me when his girlfriend (whose house it was) came into the room. Apparently this had already happened in front of her in the kitchen, when he was trying to stand in between my legs while I was sitting on the kitchen counter. I had enough with-it-ness at the time to pull my hat even lower and to move into the living room. I guess he followed me there. Who knew? Not this drunkie. Now I remember her saying that it was late and that it was time to go but now I know the real reason "it was time to go". Bill said that I wasn't responding to his Romeo-like passes but now I know why when I see his now ex-girlfriend at the bar she glares at me...I'm glad I know the story because I would've hated to be punched in the face without knowing the reason why. Oh and I guess that was the final straw too for the poor girl because she broke up with him that night! Whoops!
posted by Melina at 10:15 AM