This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Thursday, November 12, 2009
The vacation in an hour
Yesterday my sister in law took Tommy with her to see his Great Grandmother before I came home from work and that meant that I had about an hour to myself. Giddy, I thought about all the things I could do...like squeeze in a quick stop to thitwbar (the hole in the wall bar...remember that?!??), pick up a pack of smokes and listen to music.

Then I remembered that I was pregnant...no seriously, I turned into the bar's parking lot and it wasn't until I put my feet on the pavement that I remembered. I packed my ass back into the car and made a solo trek to the grocery store instead. Way less fun, but I guess a little more healthy for the two of us.

Coming home, I flung the groceries on the counter and quickly grabbed a book (honestly, it was any book...in this case, Mohawk by Richard Russo which I've read a thousand times and I just happen to always have it on my nightstand) and read a few pages until I heard the squeak of the front door and I realized that my mini-vacation had ended, just like that...and I didn't even get tan lines.

Imagine when there are two of them. I'll never get another hour vacation again.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Melina at 6:00 PM