This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Thursday, April 16, 2009
Blight on my life

I am pleased to announce that for the first time in my life since 2004 I will be living without seafoam green carpetry. When I moved into my first townhouse (a gorgeous, gorgeous building) I was completely pleased with the state of things minus one thing--it had the most hideous green carpet in the living room. But...it was only in the living room and I was mostly out drinking in the bars so I wasn't really living in the living room so it worked for me--quite well actually.

Then I moved to a house closer to my work. So close in fact that I can walk to work and John can envy me daily as he gets on the train each day for an hour commute (after his 40 minute commute to the train) it is very clear to me he loves me--or he's having wild, passionate sex on the train each day..either way, it seems to be working for us. Clearly, I bought the place because of the 30 second commute but in the bargain I was "blessed" with an entire 2nd floor of seafoam green carpet-AGAIN. Now, you can claim that perhaps it was a trend in Pennsylvania at the time--however, my first home was built in 2004 and my second home was built in 1998 or thereabouts, so you'd be wrong. You'd be correct if you said that seafoam green carpet must've been dirt-ass cheap throughout the past decade!

Well, finally in my lifetime I am out of debt. John and I worked really hard...and the fact that I was pregnant helped us to stay out of bars and to rack up bar tabs in the triple and even quadrouple digits (true story...I once racked up a four digit bar tab in my effort to woo John...it seemed like a good idea at the time but of course I was drunk as a skunk). Because we got out of debt I can finally get my ass away from my 21 year old carpet (original with the house and complete with my personal stains which include Hurricane's dropped on the floor--that shit does not come out). Next week, I will offically own hardwood flooring. The guy delivered it today and I had to hold myself back from pleasuring myself on the boxes. They're right in front of the window and wood is really hard--that's the real reason why I didn't.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Melina at 6:12 PM