This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Friday, June 26, 2009
Fat, Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life
Operation "Don't Be A Fatass" has begun and I'm pleased to say that in 8 days of having a membership to the Y, I've gone 6 days. Go ahead, tell me I'm awesome because I kind of am ( I lost 2.6 lbs this week alone! Wooo!). With almost two weeks under my belt of hanging with the baby and I can say that we're going to survive the summer (I think) and have fun (I think).

Some interesting things that have happened as of late:

Yesterday was a comedy of errors in which I kind of wanted to kill myself (not really, don't call for help just yet) after Tommy peed on me, the couch, himself and the dog 4 times and we all had to change 4 times.  He also sputtered pureed peaches me which was kind of like the Exorcist except it was delicious and not scary.  However, that was shirt number 5 of the day. Finally I gave up and went to the grocery store looking like I had lost a food fight, which if you think about it. I kind of did.  In other news, I apparently have a motherly bone in my body.

A few days ago my Mama Bear instinct reared her ugly head when I went to the Y daycare and dropped my baby off. When I came to pick him up, all different ladies were in there and I just pointed to the baby I wanted (my own of course) and they handed him to me!!! I flipped shit and told them to never just give me my child, always ask me for my ID card. They looked at me like I was crazy but whatever, my kid's the cutest and most well behaved kid in the place--everyone's going to point at him at one time or another!

As a teacher, I've had the awesome advantage of having lazy summers. Summers in which I would go out to bars or sit out on my deck into the wee hours of the morning, sleep in, layout, feast when I felt up to it, watch ER reruns when it was too hot (for some reason TNT is always on at my house and I have no desire to watch ER reruns because I never watched ER firstruns but that's what I do) Last summer was different in that I couldn't drink but I still had my freedom. This summer is incredibly different in that I can't drink (fine), I can't layout...I can't do anything really except for our very healthy options of taking long walks, going to the gym and babbling together on the floor.  So far, it's been pretty fun but I'm a pale ass mofo which makes me sad.  Also, the fact that I can't sit and read a book is a little sad too...my mom said in 7 years I'll be able to read again, I look forward to it.

Labels: , ,

posted by Melina at 1:43 PM