This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Monday, June 25, 2007
Random Snippets of Life
Having a partner in life is like having a partner in crime--someone to bounce ideas off of. Since we're not like Bonnie and Clyde or Kit and Holly, mostly the ideas that I bounce off John go a little like this:
Me: John do you think it would be a good idea to crawl across the dance floor like a panther over to Bethany?
John: Yes, that sounds like a perfectly sound idea.

And that's why I ended up crawling on the floor...I don't have John to blame, but I did have his endorsement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While watching the Aviator last night, John turned to me in the darkness and said, "Wow, the first three hours of this movie were pretty good. I wonder how the next two hours are going to go." True, it was a good movie, but it was long too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We went to this place where you sit outside and cook your own food on an open grill. First you go up to the meat counter and pick out what you want to grill. John went up to the counter and said, "I want something really weird and different to eat." The girl politely pointed out some kind of pitch black looking meat and said, "You could cook that..." and then trailed off (quite honestly, I don't even know what that stuff was!). John grimaced a little and pointed at the wild boar kabobs and said, "I think I'll cook this instead."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While laying in bed last night and John was trying to sleep, I poked him and said, "You're like a cute little baby, I love you so much that I don't want to let you go to sleep." A statement to which he grunted and said, "You sound like my mom." It made me giggle, because that's what every girl wants to hear when she's in bed with her husband...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And finally, any time that I'm not fully appreciative of how great John is, I just watch a little bit of Confessions of a Matchmaker and afterwards, I give John a big ol' smooch, because he's not a weirdo like most of the people on the show. Here, take a look:

Labels: , , ,

posted by Melina at 10:02 AM