This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Thursday, March 09, 2006
What's a girl to do?
Last night T sits me down on the couch and says, "I don't think you should put total faith in John. I love him as a person, I think he's a great guy, I've known him for almost a lifetime now...but I don't want to see you get hurt." She paused for a moment or two, "E said that he saw John hitting on some other girl last Friday, and we didn't know if we should tell you before or after your birthday..."

So she told me before my birthday, and I'm glad she did. Flirting with people is fine, mildly hitting on people is ok too, I mean I certainly do it...but I didn't have it in me to get clarification, obviously it was enough to alarm E, so that's answer enough I suppose. I trudged to bed with a heavy heart. I had been waiting all week for Friday to come, so that I could see him, and now I have to work on perserving my heart. I'm still excited to see him because well, unfortunately I'm totally in love with him, as well as the fact that I'm not going to ruin my birthday with a fight. How is it possible that I find the guys that everyone says, "Oh he's the greatest guy ever!" and so on, and they turn out to not be the greatest guy only to me?

Happy Birthday to me.
posted by Melina at 8:10 AM