This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Wednesday, October 19, 2005
It's all part of the learning curve, I suppose
So I learned a few things. I learned that my Mac is not compatabile with Blogger. I can read blogs...I can type a title to a post but then whoa fucking nelly...I can't post a damn thing. This sucks because I was trying not to post from work or use my work computer at any time when putting my posts up. So much for me trying to be a concientious employee. I tried.Not too much has been going on here. I've been busy, busy, busy doing a whole lot of...I'm not sure. I know I proctored the SATs a couple of weeks ago. I can now say that I've smelled fear. I believe I've even looked fear in the eye. It smells like my aunt and it looks like my dog after she ate an inhaler (just so you don't have to go out and look for it). I went out with my friends pretty much all last week since I had off Thursday and Friday. It was more of the small town drama. One thing that I thought was particularly hilarious was this story. For the past few weeks my friend Tara and I have been running into this boy named Stt. Stt is pretty attractive in a not-so scruffy way, he seems really nice. He's in a band, he has a job...he's what we call around here--a "catch" (my mom says I'm a catch too, so obviously the definition of catch is flexible). Now Stt is interesting in Tara. Tara is interested in him too, however, she's more interested in his friend T. Tara and T have slept together, attempted to actually date but things didn't work out. Both T and Tara still have a thing for each other but now this whole Stt thing might be interferring with that. (Are you following this?)So Tara and Stt hooked up a couple of weeks ago and made out a little again this weekend (do 28 year olds still make out? Or is it a mass groping?) Tara turns to me at the bar the other night and said, "You should go for Stt. I think you guys would be cute together" And I laughed. Does anyone else get offered their friend's sloppy seconds? I will admit for about a minute I thought about it...until she went into further detail and told me that he has skills in the "going downtown" department. I'm all for that...I'm just not all for my friends having experienced that first. As she said that I had a premonition of Stt and my wedding...where Tara would be standing thinking, "That boy went down on me..." (I was kidding about the wedding thing if you didn't know...I was just trying to emphasize a point).In other news. Let me catch you up with my cast o' characters. Cr got married. Chelle was doing so well avoiding the Coworker since she realized that it was going to be nothing more than sex and she had wanted it to be more...then she fell off the wagon and landed on her head. He rang her up on Sunday and within a few hours she was over at his house mentally saying never again while verbally shouting, "Hell's yeah!" Drk's loving Denver. I hardly speak to him anymore. It was a couple short emails back and forth but I decided not to email him and I guess he didn't care to email me. That's fine. There is no one in the Cornfield (or anywhere else) that I'm interested in. You'd be proud though, I've been branching out and heading out of town here and there...can't say it's done much good though. There are times when I want to call Matty, but for some reason I don't. Alone's not so bad. And well, I've got batteries.
posted by Melina at 7:05 AM