This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Friday, June 03, 2005
Just add a liberal amount of trouble and stir 'til there are no lumps
Last night I come home from the bar after hanging out with Cr and Ry. Ry and I made an early night of it, played some darts and then bolted before 12. It was perfect. So what do I do? I come home and hop on the Internet, because apparently I'm a dork like that. Who's online while I'm on you ask? Why that very mysterious man from my college days who wouldn't reveal his identity. Well last night the gloves came off. I guessed correctly and he finally came clean.

As it turns out it wasn't someone creepy at all. It was D. D and I had a couple classes together, we flirted a little with each other at the bars--but we didn't really run in the same circles because I was a sorority snob and he hung out with the hippies. So there was this random night when we met out at the bars, and I did the classy thing and took him home with me.

So anyways, we talked for about an hour and then he said, "Do you want to hang out? Would that be too weird?" and I said no. I was thinking you know, some time in the future. Well he says, "I'll see you in a half hour," and hangs up the phone. Well I thought, I'll just go lay in my bed and if I wake up when he calls I'll hang out with him for a little (and I text messaged him to that effect)...I never woke up. This morning I checked my phone and he attempted to wake me up about 10 times and then he left a message.

This morning I sent him a text apologizing and he sent one in response that "It was probably for the best because who knows what could've happened. Although, it would've been fun...it would've been bad!" You see, D has been seeing someone for the past two years...hmm, and all I was planning on doing was having a beer with the guy and catching up! But I guess when you can say a guy can come over at 12am I guess I should expect that would be what he was thinking...hmm, funny.I kind of wished I could've gotten to see D since it's been such a long time. I think the last time we saw each other we both had significant others. But I have to say that I'm kind of glad that I slept through his calls because then I didn't have to shut down any advances.

So that's my little intrigue to hold y'all over for the weekend.
posted by Melina at 7:20 AM