This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Sunday, May 01, 2005
I Kissed A Boy
So randomly I got a text from a co-worker asking me to meet her out with herself and her brother's friends. I looked around, realized that I live a pretty solitary life and that I've only spoken to the dogs all day and I decided it was time to go out.

In the Cornfield on Sunday nights there is a certain phenomenon known as "Nickel Night". From 9 until 10 you can get any well drink or any domestic for a nickel. Rock on! I rarely do it anymore, but back in the day...I was a total wreck on Mondays! But tonight I went.

I had a GREAT time. It was the perfect pick me up. I was my sarcastic, semi-evil self and apparenly one fine boy found my personality and my bod attractive. We chatted for a while, and then he grabbed my hand. The boy held my hand at the bar! Oh, I guess I should mention that he had been drinking since one (I didn't know this at first). That kind of sucks because although he seemed slightly drunk, he probably was wasted out of his mind. But he seemed fine, and that's what mattered.

So he held my hand at the bar. His hand then moved to my thigh and attempted to go in perverted directions but I grabbed him and explained. He then mentioned that he had to hit the bathroom. He leaned in, "You should go too." I shrugged. What the hell? At this point, what the fuck do I have to lose in all seriousness? Not a whole hell of a lot.

He was sweet. I figured after the attempt to move towards the honey pot that he was going to be a groping fiend but...he was a gentle kisser. In fact, I'm typically a deep, deep kisser. He was kind of teasing kisser. It was nice. I won't lie, I got goosebumps...especially when he kissed my neck. I was freezing out on the deck bar, as much as I would like to say that his touch made me tremble I think it had a lot to do with the temp!

He led me back into the bar holding my hand all the way back to the bar. My neighbors growing up were out, all of the eyes were bulging...I guess I wasn't the hand holding kind of girl apparently (oh--we weren't at thitwbar...we were at my old haunt, the place I went before I met Drk). Before we left the bar, we made another stop outside. We were the annoying couple that you hate...the ones that you tell to "get a room" or at the very least you think it. If you're a guy you might think, "get her naked and video tape it!" but yeah, that was us. I'm not proud of it, I'm not a fan of PDA...but I will say, I enjoyed every fucking moment of it.

And I want more.

I hope he calls.

Oh, and did I mention he's a state cop? That means handcuffs in the future. I am sooo game.

Todd also called tonight. I was drunk and therefore amiable. We chatted. That wasn't his girlfriend or ex...maybe it was...maybe I have no idea. Maybe I should just stop talking to him. Maybe I'm still reeling from my kisses tonight? I think that's it.
posted by Melina at 11:10 PM