This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Monday, May 09, 2005
Are You A Dogger?
As I was cooling down from my workout I rode the stationary bike and read an article in Marie Claire. I'll admit, I was drawn to the article by the front cover headline, "The New Sexual Trend You Must Hear About" (or something like that), I didn't want to be left out of the loop you know, I mean what, sex has been around for oh 20-30 years right? There has to be new stuff! (That was skeptical sarcasm. I always laugh at the sex articles in magazines, because they just say the same stuff over and over again...and I always wonder if people take the mag with them in bed to get it "just right"). Well knock me over with a feather! This was NEW to me...

Dogging--go here to read more about it, but in a nutshell it's kind of like group sex out in the open air combined with a voyeristic element. You can partake in just "regular old sex" with your own partner in your car with the light on and allow other "doggers" to watch. If you open your car door, you are inviting others in. If you open a window, you are sending the signal that you would either like the voyeurs to fondle you or that you would like to fondle them. Perhaps you don't want to have sex with your partner and would instead prefer to have sex with ten random strangers while your partner watches? Well that happens too.

Apparently this is a huge thing in the UK. I had never heard of it...had you? The sexual phenomenon has been examined here in the US but it appears that Americans prefer to take their multi-partner liasons to hotel rooms for the most part. Although it was mentioned that Americans will use state parks and rest stops for such encounters (the author documented that these were primarily one on one encounters...and over 80% were homosexual-- I don't know about the validity of that number though so don't quote me on that).

I'm steering clear of dogging. But I have to say that the article amazed me, and I will admit that I am reading other articles on it as we speak (most of them of from medical, and psych/soc. journals rather than the "scientific" journal of Marie Claire). So what do you think? Weird? Interesting? Intriguing? Gross? Do you know people who have done this? I am SO curious now. But not that curious!
posted by Melina at 8:50 PM