This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Friday, May 06, 2005
The Game Plan For Tonight (Rub Hands Maniacally When Reading Title)
Tonight my dear friends, Romans and countrymen I am going to a cultural event. I am going to the theater (say it with a British accent and let it roll off your tongue), if I actually told you what I was going to see you'd laugh your asses off but unfortunately, I cannot. Let me just say...my ears and eyes will be bleeding later because it's a musical. And it's my least favorite (although I don't have a favorite--[shrugging]) musical ever...this should be great. I hope I get great karma points for this. Afterwards however, my work friends and I are going boozing! Oh boy, doesn't that sound like fun?

We have so many options now that I don't need to talk to Drk every waking moment...we could go to thitwbar, we could go to FQB, we could go to my old "local" bar, we could go to the very trendy microbrewery...hell, we could even hit up the bar at Applebees if we wanted! Although I hope that we don't.

What else is on my menu (the boy menu)? I don't know. (Whine with me), "I want a night with Matty" (now stomp your feet and pout). I'm an absolute idiot (stomp feet again). Ok, so he's out until the long legged lady gets the hell out of my way (Cr gives it a month, but she hasn't seen them together--it's sickening...well for me; others might find it endearing). Who else? Well we have Todd. I bet a dollar that he'll call me tonight. Good sex, but it would be bad politics if he has a girlfriend (it would also be bad for my karma...although I will be racking up karma points tonight--perhaps creating karmic balance? See how my mind works?) Hmm, I will think about this one...well until I'm drunk and then I'll let my loins do the thinking for us. My loins aren't known for their smarts, but between them and my ass they manage to get us some action. Who else? I would like to see Hot Cop, but it's dodgeball night I think. Does dodgeball go on all night? Who plays dodgeball on Friday nights? I actually find it cool, but I want to start hanging out with this guy...go on dates...get some smooches in...and then let my loins take over (on the very proper 3rd date, of course...what? you don't believe me?)

I talked with M today. While at work I got a text asking me what I was wearing. Ummm let me think about that one. I'm at work...I'm a professional...I would assume that I'm wearing...absolutely nothing but a smile and some garters/stockings. Well at least that's what I sent back in the text. We had a nice chat, he's still with the girlfriend who I find incredibly annoying (especially because he dated her after me!) but he's the biggest flirt. I played along for a while but then decided that I wasted enough of my charm on him and I sent him on his way.

Here's hoping that it's going to be a fun night in the Cornfield and wherever you folks are as well! Fill you in tomorrow, or later on tonight in a series of drunken posts.
posted by Melina at 5:22 PM