This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Monday, May 09, 2005
To Call, Or Not To Call
So I guess I should've called the cop before today...I wasn't thinking. His words stuck in my head that he wasn't free until Monday or Tuesday and or possibly Sunday after Mother's Day and so I kept thinking, "Ok I'll call him Sunday or Monday." I'm thinking I should've called him before today. But I didn't. Shit. "Listen all y'all it's a sabotage!" I am deciding whether to bother calling him now, since it's been a week...he did leave it in my hands-and he did say that he wasn't going to call me. I just wish he would've said, "I wait with baited breath for your call," well because then, I wouldn't be nervous about calling him back--because I never would. Fuck me, this sucks. Although Chelle did put things into perspective when she reminded me that she was "dumped" by voicemail by a 40 year old guy who was seriously whacked out of his mind! Ok, so she wasn't dumped but he did tell her that he was moving back to CA but she seemed like a very nice girl. She only gave him her phone number because she was trying to be nice.

My mom and I had a long talk about me and my sabotaging ways with men yesterday...in a funny way. She didn't attack me for once, she just kind of shook her head at me when I told her the Matty story and how that all ended because I blew him off--because I liked him too much and now how I'm kicking myself. She was hilarious because she leaned over the table at me and said, "Was he any good in bed?" and my response? "Um probably the best I've ever had." And all she did was giggle and say, "Dummy". Where are those words or wisdom I needed? Oh wait, she did say, "Well you could call him back and grovel a bit." To which I responded, "I tried once. I'm just going to wait it out and see how long him and [she that will not be named] stay together. I'm hoping a month or less."

So that's the excitement here folks... Iguess I should just bite the bullet and call him. Ah but which "him" am I talking about? The Cop. I'm still in "Don't Look Back" mode.
posted by Melina at 2:33 PM