This is blog of a woman who didn't know what she wanted and so chased after dreams and men in search of the answers...drunken hilarity ensued. Then one day she met a man who was everything she wanted, but he wasn't so sure. Then she did the unthinkable; after they broke up she gave him this blog address and she let him into her mind as well as her heart. Unbelievably, even after sorting through the sordid archives of failed relationships, one night stands and her lusty (and embarassing) pursuit to secure the heart of a certain young line cook, John somehow managed to fall in love with her too. Melina and John were married a little over six months after they started dating, running away to Las Vegas to seal the deal. You can imagine what the over/under bet was to see if they'd even make it a year!! Over a year later and they are still going strong...this blog has become their story. Need to tell me something? Email me at Melinalovesjohnny at gmail dot com
Check out my other blogs:

igotyourtexts.blogspot.com

melina310.wordpress.org
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.



Thursday, March 24, 2005
Remember That Game 7 Mins in Heaven? I Just Experienced a Half Hour in Heaven
So today totally sucked because I was bored, home alone with two bickering dogs and swamped with work I didn't want to do. Then I went to the gym with Chelle and I had high hopes of getting to thitwbar so that I could tell Drk to come over...you know, to meet my other dog...yeah right that's why. Uh huh, really. Well Chelle couldn't go out because she had a family function to deal with. Me being in a bad mood from being bored all day and bummed at the prospect of not seeing Drk for yet another day...so I was pretty bitchy, sorry Chelle. I think that, paired with the fact that I was starving (as I have started a new diet for the upcoming bikini season)...yeah, I was pretty much the devil. If not the devil, his sister.

So I pouted on the couch, with the not so cuddly bickering dogs thinking about all the fun I could be having at thitwbar when my phone rang! I instantly perked up, but it was a number I didn't know. As a drunken fool, it's best not to pick up when such an instance occurs because who knows what weirdo I gave my phone number to. So I let it ring. They don't leave a message. I start to think that perhaps it's Chelle's sister's cell number so I text it. "Hey I missed your call. Who is this by the way?" Well shocks among shocks...it's Todd! He replied that he was using his best friend's phone. Sneaky bastard. My response, "Oh." And that was that. In a way, I was hoping that he'd call, just so I could get out to see my main cook, but I was also releaved that he didn't call. But who would after my text back to him?

Cr saved the day. She sent me a text saying that she was coming to get me and that she'd have a drink or two with me at thitwbar. Say no more! I'm ready! We get to the bar, no one fun was really there-I mean except for you know who. Cr and I chatted with Chris the bartender for a little, you know making small talk and whatnot. When finally, Drk emerges from the kitchen to talk with me. We chat. We make fun of each other. He calls my favorite dog a sweetheart and points at the bruises that line my forearms and says, "See!" laughing. Uh yeah, while at my party, Drk riled the pup up to the point where she would run AWAY FROM THE GUY WHO WAS BEATING HER UP and BITE ME! AND THEN RUN BACK TO HIM. My arms are horrendous. All week people have been giving me battered women's pamphlets and speaking in very soothing tones to me. I guess they thought I was gripped up. Is it more embarassing to say it's your dog? Who's not a puppy? Who's supposed to be loyal to you and not the cook from the local bar? Well then Cr cuts into Drk and my dreamy conversation that was flowing so well...hell, we were riffing off each other! She cuts in and says, "Hey Drk, will you take M home later if I go home now?" I look at the clock, it's 10:35, as I'm saying, "Um no, I can't stay here for like five hours! I'll be wasted!" Drk apparently said that yes he would take me home. (Have I said I loved him lately? Well I do. Not in my normal lusty way, but in the "he's such a nice person" way...along with the other way). Drk says, "Geez Cr, way to break up the party..." but smiled because I probably made the right decision. I thought this was the right time to tell him that he could come over any time this weekend to hang out with the older dog that he wanted to meet. He smiled and said, "Oh no. You talked me out of that one when you said that you'd have to stitch me up!" I backpedaled. "That dog is fantastic. I realized after spending the day with them that it's all the little one's fault. He grabs the other one by the throat, the little one is the instigator!!" And what does the hottest cook in the Northern Hemisphere say? "Oh no...that little dog is a sweetheart!" and with that statement, I grabbed my coat, gave Drk my toothiest smile and said goodbye. Parting is such sweet sorrow. It really sucked actually. But at least I got to talk with him for fifteen minutes. More tomorrow? I hope so.
posted by Melina at 11:11 PM